Friday, August 19, 2022

The Body Shop Body Butter in Mango

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In December 2020, I was gifted The Body Shop Body Butters from a friend.
Here are the body butters I received. I already reviewed The Body Shop Body Butter in Festive Berry (bottom) and The Body Shop Body Butter in Pink Grapefruit (top left). For this post, I will review the one on the top right.
This is The Body Shop Body Butter in Mango. Unfortunately, the company changed the formula but I linked the new formula. Since I did a thorough review of The Body Shop Body Butter in Cranberry, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the ingredients.
Here's a closer look inside the packaging.
Here's a swatch of the body butter on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a scent while using. It does smell like mango but a little muted. I just sniffed the product and it smells like how it's applied. In all honestly, this is why I like the old Body Butter from The Body Shop. I want to use a body moisturizer that smells good and makes me smell good. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple and in a good container that I can dig my hand into. It's not the most sanitary but I wash my hands before using. I also like the design. It's simple and it stands out. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency. In all honesty, I appreciate it a lot more after using the newer version. The new version is so bad; the body butter flakes off while massaging into the skin. It doesn't feel like butter on the skin. With that said, it's easy to use. I use it right after showering. I grab a little on my right fingers and massage into my skin from neck down. It's light-weight, not sticky, not greasy, and extremely comfortable. It absorbs quickly and it feels like butter. If you have oily skin, it might be heavy. It's good for normal to dry skin individuals like myself. It's also hydrating. It hydrates me throughout the day and until my next shower. Lastly, it's a great moisturizer in-between showers. I am lazy and apply once after showering. I need something to last me until the next shower. I am glad I got this product. It's hydrating, easy to use, and it smells good. The Body Shop if you hear me bring the old formula back!

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other The Body Shop products reviewed/swatch:
Body Butter
Body Butter 96H Nourishing Moisture
Body Scrub
Duo Eyeshadow
#02
Eye Colour Stick
Nevada Gold
Eye Lustre Liner
Mercury Shine
Gently Exfoliating Cream Scrub
Almond Milk & Honey
Vitamin E Hydrating Toner
Spa Of The World Velvet Moisture Body Cream
Japanese Camellia Cream

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...