Monday, August 15, 2022

Manicure Monday: Julep in Shenae - It Girl

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

For this post, it is a repeat of 
Julep in Shenae - It Girl that I reviewed in August 2016.
This is Julep in Shenae - It Girl. I did not find it on the website. It's either sold out or discontinued. I think it's the second but I could be wrong. Since I did a thorough review of Julep in Renee, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "pastel mint green opalescent shimmer" and I agree.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, the width is the same. The length, on the other side, it slightly shorter but not by much.
I applied Essie Strong Start Base Coat, two coats of Julep in Shenae - It Girl, and topped all the nails with Orly In A Snap Quick-Dry Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is wide enough to do three strokes and move onto the next nail. After being introduced to curve tip, I became a fan. This particular brush has a straight tip and I was not a fan. I found it hard to paint around the cuticles and sides. If you are a more experienced painter, this wouldn't be bad. I am just not that great at painting. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple and professional looking. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. I also like that the size looks smaller than most polishes. It makes me feel like I can finish the polish. The top is also sturdy. I feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Also, it's easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency. You can take your time with painting and it will not get clumpy with usage. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, it's a pretty mint color but towards more green than blue. It also has silver shimmers. I didn't think it was unique but I got comments from several coworkers who said it is. I also thought it was interesting that I thought it was more on the blue side when I initially reviewed this product. It's amazing how things change with time. With that said, it's a good color for spring and summer season. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Two coats were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I did not see shrinkage whatsoever. I did see chipping on the tips on the fifth day. It was very minor though. I am glad I got this product. I liked it this time around compared to the initial review.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Julep products reviewed/swatch:
treatments

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...