Tuesday, December 12, 2017

The Body Shop Oils of Life Intensely Revitalising Eye Cream-Gel

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to receive some products from The Body Shop.

I took this picture from my Instagram. For this post, I will review the eye cream on the bottom.
Product Review: The Body Shop Oils of Life Intensely Revitalising Eye Cream-Gel

Where to purchase: ULTA, The Body Shop, and online at thebodyshop.com
Price: $32 for 20 mL/ 0.69 oz (19.8 g)

Made in France

Description from the package: We searched the world and selected 3 precious seed oils known for their supreme revitalizing and repairing properties on skin:
* Black cumin oil from Egypt, known for its concentration in antioxidants
* Rosehip oil from Chile, rich in repairing Omega 3 and 6
* Camellia oil from China, naturally rich in nutritive oleic acid

By infusing them into a refreshing, lightweight yet comfortable texture, we created a daily eye cream-gel that intensely revitalizes the eye contour and visibly reduces signs of ageing.

Instantly: eye contour feels nurtured and is left as smooth as velvet.
After 2 weeks: dark circles look visibly faded, bags appear depuffed and eye contour looks more radiant.
Day after day: signs of ageing around the eyes appear reduced - lines, wrinkles and eyelid creepiness appear smoothed out, suppleness around the eyes feels restored. Eyes look more open, full of life, visibly revitalized.

This intensely Revitalising Eye Cream-Gel feels fresh upon application and effortlessly melts onto skin leaving a light, non-sticky finish.
Ingredients:
983501 9 - INGREDIENTS: Aqua, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Niacinamide, Dimethicone, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract, Caffeine, Phenoxyethanol, Silica Silylate, Dimethiconol, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Chlorphenesin, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Salicylic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Nigella Sativa Seed Oil, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Menthoxypropanediol, Disodium EDTA, Adenosine, t-Butyl Alcohol, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Benzoic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Citric Acid, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 19140.
Thoughts: I actually received this product beginning of this year. I kept telling myself I will use this product after I finish the current eye cream. I was being stubborn because the jar of the eye cream I was using hardly made a dent. So for that reason, I just decided to use this eye cream before I go back to the eye cream I was using.
Here's a closer look inside the jar.
Here's a swatch of the eye cream on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and it has a light, floral scent. It smells really good and refreshing. Secondly, the packaging is small and adorable. I like the color and design. It's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of firm glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open/close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. It's also small enough to throw in your purse and bag. Third, the consistency is a light gel. It doesn't look or feel like a cream to me. With that said, it's easy to use. I take a little amount and pat it around the eyes, smile line, in-between the brows, and forehead. I know it sounds weird to apply around the smile lines, in-between the brows, and forehead but I started doing that when I saw a Korean makeup artist doing it. She told me since eye creams have a heavier ingredients to help/prevent the wrinkles, why not apply it in areas that ages faster. I have to agree it made sense. Ever since then, I applied in those areas. It's light-weight and extremely refreshing. It has a cooling sensation not in the tingling feel but it just feels cool on the skin. My skin absorbs this gel quickly and leaves a nice, smooth texture. Also, it's not sticky at all. Lastly, it's hydrating. I didn't see any dry patches. When the skin is hydrated, I notice less fine/thick lines. With that said, this eye gel is good for normal to oily skin individuals. For dry skin like myself, it's good during spring/summer season. Since it's winter time and the air is dry, I noticed it doesn't help in-between the brows and forehead. For the eyes, it works well. When it comes to dark circles, I cannot say much. I don't really have a bad dark circle to start with. I'm glad I got to try this product. It's a good one but I think it'll be better for normal to oily skin individuals, as well as, for sensitive skin. It's gentle.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while applying.
* Small, adorable packaging.
* Nice color and design on the packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy.
* Top is also sturdy; feel a tight seal when you open/close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Gel consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Light-weight.
* Refreshing.
* Absorbs quickly.
* Leaves a nice, smooth texture.
* Not sticky.
* Hydrating
* Less noticeable fine/thick lines.
* Great for normal to oily skin individuals.
* Gentle.

Cons:
* Not hydrating on my dry skin during this dry, winter season.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other The Body Shop products reviewed/swatch:
 Body Butter
Body Scrub
Passion Fruit
Down To Earth Eyeshadow Quad
Gold
Duo Eyeshadow
#02
Eye Colour Stick
Nevada Gold
Eye Lustre Liner
Hand Protector
Hemp
Lotion
Almond Milk & Honey
On A Rope Soap
Hemp
Shade Adjusting Drops
Shower Cream
Almond Milk & Honey
Shea

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...