Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Body Shop Body Butter in Cranberry and Body Scrub in Passion Fruit

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post is given to me except one of the body butter and body scrub. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Last year, my friend gave me body butters from The Body Shop for my birthday and Christmas.
Here are the body butters. I received all the body butters except the bottom one, I bought that myself. For this post, I will review the third one from the top.
Product Review: The Body Shop Body Butter in Cranberry

Where to purchase: The Body Shop and online at thebodyshop-usa.com
Price:
 $20 for 200 mL/ 6.75 oz

Thoughts: My friend told me once you use the body butter, you won't go back to anything else. For that reason, I tried to use my other body lotions before moving on. Also, I apologize for taking picture of used product. I wasn't thinking.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it does have a scent. I'm not too sure how cranberry smells like but this is pretty close. It is what I think about whenever I smell the product. I actually like the scent. I'm a huge fan of fruity scents. Secondly, the consistency is creamy and smooth. As I dip my fingers into the body butter, it softens and makes it easy to grab onto. Once I apply onto my skin, it melts into the skin. Now I understand why it's called Body Butter, it melts like butter. With that said, I have used other brands and they don't melt. I have not felt any lotion/cream like this. Now I understand why so many people are fans of this product. Third, I go through body lotion/creams quickly. Compared to most people, I probably apply more than I should but I like to moisturize from top to body. For that reason, it can get costly. Lastly, it's hydrating and long lasting. It's great for all skin types throughout the season. I can see it being thick for oily skin but you just need a minimal amount of product.

Pros:
* Fruity scent.
* Made from natural ingredients.
* Creamy and smooth consistency.
* Easy to apply.
* Melts onto the skin.
* Hydrating.
* Long lasting.
* Good for all skin types.
* Good for all season.

Cons:
* Can be costly.

Would repurchase: Yes!
Rating: 4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Now I want to review the body scrub from The Body Shop. In one of my posts, I posted my haul from The Body Shop and it included the scrub. Couple of readers asked me about the scrub, but I couldn't respond without thoroughly using it. Now that I have used it for more than a month, I will review it.
Product Review: The Body Shop Body Scrub in Passion Fruit

Where can you purchase this: The Body Shop or online at thebodyshop-usa.com
Price:
$10 for the mini-size and $20 for the regular size

My thoughts: I wish I could have said I loved it as much as the body butter, but I didn't unfortunately. It's a good quality scrub and did its purpose, but there were certain things I didn't like. The one I bought had black seeds that didn't dissolved. After I used the scrub, I would have all these black seeds on my body. It comes off your body with no problem but I noticed these black seeds were on the floor and wall of the shower. Maybe I'm just a messy person when it comes to the body scrub, but seeing it all over made me feel dirty. Okay, I might just be strange.

Pros:
* It softens your skin.
* Good exfoliating product.
* Removes dead skin.
* The smell isn't strong.
* Smells good.
* Made from natural ingredients.

Cons:
* It's not cheap, but at the same time, it's not extremely expensive.
* Black seeds everywhere.

Would I buy this again? I don't think so unless the other body scrubs have no black seeds.
Rating: 4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other The Body Shop products reviewed/swatch:
Duo Eyeshadow
Eye Lustre Liner


I'm going to end this post with my recent crochet project. I made Kerochan from Card Captor Sakura that I got from Craftster Forum. I modified it to fit to my taste so it's not 100% the pattern.
Here's a closer look at the front.
Here's a closer look at the back. There wasn't a pattern for the wings so I made it as I went.

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post is given to me except one of the body butter and body scrub. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

24 comments:

beeyoutiful7 said...

You are soo talented!! You did a great job taking that cutie <3

I've only tried The Body Shop's lipbalms and not the lotions.

thanks for the great review!
xoxo

Cinthia Truong said...

The body butter in strawberry smell delicious!!! I love love it!!!! Your friend is right! Once you've tried it, you won't wanna come back to anything else.

Aradani said...

OMG KERO!!!! you did such a good job!!! especially the wings, i can't believe you didn't even need a pattern for it.
and mmmm body butters.. sooo goood..

K said...

Kerochan!!! So Cute! I think you did a GREAT job!

Yin said...

AWESOME I LOVE THE BODY SHOP.
They had a everything is 20% off day in the UK and i went a little crazy and bought

-Peppermint foot scrub
-Make Up brushes
-body butter for my mother
-foot file
-lip butter [in pink grapefruit-LOVE IT]
-and i got a free gift bag with my purchase!

Surprisingly for a uk brand, it's still not cheap.

AskMeWhats said...

I love Body Shop body butters, just that I need a scoop to scoop out those product because of my nails, it is so difficult :) :) :) Wonderful review.

Cute Kerochan!!! You are very talented, yes, it looks similar!!! :)

Emilita said...

Too bad the body scrub isn't as good, I *love* the body butter. And that crochet cutie is adorable!

Anonymous said...

aly, you did an awesome job!!!!! your little man looks so cute!

fuzkittie said...

Kerochan!! So cute, you did it perfectly!

Mona said...

OMG you made kerochan from ccs! i lovvve him! bought a plushie a few years back. youre so damn talented!

Jnie said...

the body shop products always smell so good! I'm going to have to check these out.

Well...i thought i was overloading ppl with too much pics of caramel ;P

kawaiikao said...

ooh i havent tried these but they look the same lol. i shall put these on my to buy list!! :]

Bijin Blair said...

Haa! So cute! Aly, you are so talented!

Sandy said...

ooh wow.. that is so cute.
are you going to sell that? i'l buy it off you if you can make a keyring for me ^^ really i would. i want hello kitty one hehehe...

Violet Honeybee said...

wooowwwww!! omg you're sooo good! I've been going through your blog and admiring your crochetting lol. I can crochet too but i'm not very good at it.. =/ you make me want to practice hahaha. Where's toby?! hehe

btw.. the body shop butters are super awesome!! =D

Anonymous said...

Kerochan is sooo cute! You did a great job!

Kasumi said...

Kerochan is so adorable!
You made him so good! You've gotten better! yay!
I browzed the crochet section of my local art store but there were so many sizes to choose from! What's your suggestion?

Neeyuh said...

Nice reviews!! I love the body butters, that reminds me that i need to get more! hehe. Kerochan is totally adorable, you did great I wish I could make stuff like that!

L said...

totally looks like KEROCHAN!!!!!!!! EXCELLENT JOB ALY!!! SO KAWAIIII! :)

miRaCLe said...

i love the kerochan!! :D the wings are too cute!! ^^

i used to use the body shop's mango body butter coz i love eating mango :p i went thru 2 tubs :p it's very good for my skin and i always want to lick it while applying! hahas. dun worry! i never do that thou :p
but i'm too lazy to use moisturizer nowadays :X

Thanks for the great review!! ^^

btw!! i'm in indonesia right now! hahas. thanks for the comment.. i'm having a great time with my family :)) let me know if you would like anything from indonesia!! ^^

Anonymous said...

ahhh card captors!!!
lol you did well! so freaking cute~

and i love the body butter.
my brother bought me a few a few years back for my birthday (a rare occasion, when he buys me gifts...) and yeah..this or Vaseline gets rid of my dry skin ASAP! :)

ps thanks for your message :) as simple as it was, it brought a smile to my face. thank you.

Yumeko said...

kerochan is sooo cute
u did awesome!!

etsy!!etsy!

paperdollrevenge said...

I LOVE body butters! I think it's time I stop buy lotions and just stock up on body butters. I was thinking of trying a Korres one but I think I'll check out The Body Shop first, since it's a bit cheaper!

Ohh you've been crafting such cute characters, great job!

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

what a cute crochet you made!!!

BS butter cream are nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...