Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Holika Holika Watermelon Mask Sheet

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion. 

In April 2022, I purchased some Holika Holika masks from T.J. Maxx.
Here are the products I got. For this post, I will review the mask on the left.
Product Review: Holika Holika Watermelon Mask Sheet

Where to purchase: online at holikaholika.ee
Price: 25 mL/ 0.84 fl oz

Made in Korea

Description from the website: Cooling and moisturizing mask sheet contains real watermelon extract (90% of whole ingredient list) to provide nutrients and elasticity to the tired skin in the hot summer days, prevents skin dryness and protects sensitive skin from external irritation.

95% of watermelon is moisture, which provides abundant hydration to skin. It contains 1.5 times more Lycopene, which restores damaged skin caused by UV rays, than for example tomato. Watermelon extract is extracted at the very low temperature (2-3˚C) without any loss of nutrients. The Citrulline substance from watermelon provides conditioning by soothing heated skin fast with its heat-removing effect. In addition, watermelon has anti-oxidant effect, which prevents skin aging by protecting it from free radicals. It also has skin brightening effect - prevents pigmentation by minimizing melanin synthesis.

Mask sheet includes Red Lycopene Complex formed from apple extract, strawberry extract, pomegranate extract, schizandra chinensis fruit extract and tomato extract - red food promotes blood circulation and provides excellent anti-oxidant effect due to high amount of "Lycopene", "anthocyanin", and "polyphenol". Red-colored Lycopene keeps cells young by removing oxidants that cause the aging phenomenon in our body.

Mask sheet is made from close-fit cupra textile to maximize cooling and moisturizing effect.
Ingredients:
Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Betaine, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Chiloensis (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract, Schisandra Chinensis Fruit Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Extract, Water, Allantoin, Propanediol, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Arginine, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance
Thoughts: When I saw this product, I was excited. I like the brand Holika Holika, at the same time, I've always wanted to try watermelon products.
Here's a closer look at the individual packaging.
Here's a closer look at the sheet mask.
Here's how the mask looks on me.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a light scent while using. It does smell like watermelon and it lasts for a few minutes. I actually like the smell. From my experiences, watermelon tends to smell artificial. This actually smells like the fruit. I just sniffed the product and it smells more like candy. Interesting they smell different on and in the packaging. Secondly, the packaging of both the box and the individual attracted me. It's bright and cute. Who can say no to the packaging! With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. The box is made out of thick paper. The individual packaging is foil-like. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. The dimension of the mask is alright. The width fit my wide face. If it fits me, most likely it will fit everyone. The length on the other hand was alright. The chin goes a little past. I prefer to mask every area than none. The forehead barely touch the hairline and the corners as well. The cut around the eyes and mouth were perfect. I love that they kept the flap of the eyes. You can adjust to fit right below the eyes. The width of the nose was good but the tip was way too short. It barely touched the tip of the nose and it was cut horizontally. The thickness of the mask is medium. I didn't have to worry about ripping while unfolding. Another interesting thing about this mask is the color. It actually does look like the color of a watermelon. Even though it looks like the color of watermelon, I look sickly with it on. Thankfully, I only wear it at home. Third, there are enough essence leftover in the package. I used it on my throat and chest. With that said, it's easy to use. After cleansing, I mask for 30 minutes. It says to mask for 10- 20 minutes. I am used to masking for 30. After I take the mask off, my skin looks bright and hydrated. With hydration, you notice less fine and thick lines. Lastly, my skin looked good the next morning. Of course, it's not as good as after taking the mask off but you need to be consistent with masking. It's best to mask twice a week. I am glad I got this product. It's fun and it smells wonderful!

Pros:
* Light scent.
* Smells like watermelon.
* Bright and cute packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Travel-friendly.
* Width is wide enough for most face shapes.
* Length was slightly longer than my chin.
* Cut around the eyes and mouth was perfect.
* Flap around the eyes are still attached; you can adjust to your eye shape.
* Medium thickness; can unfold without ripping.
* Color of the mask looks like the color of watermelon.
* Leftover essence.
* Easy to use.
* Skin looks bright.
* Hydrating.
* Notice less fine and thick lines.

Cons:
* Barely touched the hairline and the corners were bare.
* Tip of the nose is cut too short and cut horizontally.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Holika Holika products reviewed/swatch:
Heart Ful Moisture Lipstick
Love Fantasy Blush

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...