Monday, August 8, 2022

Manicure Monday: Zoya in Maya

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

For this post, it is a repeat of 
Zoya in Maya that I reviewed in August 2014. Omg back in 2014!
This is Zoya in Maya. Since I did a thorough review of Zoya in Aurora, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "a semi-opaque bright pink coral with tangerine undertones" and I have to agree with it.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI brush, the width is a lot thinner and the length is a lot shorter. I would say the width is on the thin side.
I applied Essie Strong Start Base Coat, two coats of Zoya in Maya, and topped all the nails with Orly In A Snap Quick-Dry Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is on the thin side. It's not my type of brush but it's doable. I just didn't clean the brush in the inside of the bottle before using it. Because of the consistency, it just spread on the nails. I tend to like curve tips, because it fits around the cuticles and sides. Because the consistency just spread, it made it smooth around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple and professional looking. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and in-between thin to medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not to thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency and you can take your time with painting. It will not get clumpy with usage. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, it's a pretty pinkish-coral color. It's a great spring and summer color. Would I say the color is unique? Yes and no. I don't think it's unique. I am sure you can find colors similar in other brands. If you are looking for exact color with the same texture, I think it'll be hard to find. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I used two coats but three coats might be better for the consistency. Lastly, I saw shrinkage on the second day. There's a good possibility it's because I've had this polish for a long time. I started seeing chipping on the tips around sixth day. I saw shrinkage and it kept getting bigger. Then it started chipping. I am glad I got this polish. It's a pretty color but it shrinks so quickly.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Zoya products reviewed/swatch:
Accessories
Remove+ Nail Polish Remover

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...