Monday, November 19, 2018

The Body Shop Body Butter in Spiced Apple

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

This past Christmas 2016, my friend gifted me some products from The Body Shop.

I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed The Body Shop Body Butter in Frosted Berries (left). For this post, I will review the body butter on the right.
This is The Body Shop Body Butter in Spiced Apple. This is a limited edition for the holiday seasons. Since I did a thorough review of The Body Shop Body Butter in Cranberry, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the body butter.
Here' a swatch of the body butter on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a strong noticeable scent. It smells like cinnamon. That's one of the things I like about body products. I rather have scent from body lotion/cream than perfumes. Plus, body lotions/creams last longer on me than perfume. I just sniffed the product and it does smell like cinnamon. It's not my type of scent but it's doable. Secondly, I like the packaging. I've always been a fan. It's easy to dig into the pot and get the amount of body butter you need. On the other hand, it's not the most sanitary-safe but thankfully it's on the body than the face. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. Third, the consistency is in-between medium to thick. It's a nice consistency for the dry, winter weather. It might be too oily/greasy for normal to oily skin. For dry skin individuals like myself, it's a great one. With that said, it's easy to use. I swirl my hand in the pot to soften the body butter. Once it's soften, I pick up the product and massage it into my skin. It leaves a nice, smooth texture. My skin feels softer, but at the same time, it looks shinier. Even though it's shiny, it's not greasy at all. I can't say it's light-weight but it's definitely not heavy. Again, I think it's better for normal to dry skin individuals. Lastly and with usage, your skin improves. That's with any products. With that said, it's great for fall and winter season. The smell is on the musky side and it fits with the holiday. I'm glad I got to try this product. I've always been a huge fan of the body butter from The Body Shop. I'm just not a huge fan of this particular scent.

Would repurchase: Yes, in other scents.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other The Body Shop products reviewed/swatch:
 Body Butter
Body Scrub
Passion Fruit
Cleansing Bar
Almond Milk & Honey
Down To Earth Eyeshadow Quad
Gold
Duo Eyeshadow
#02
Eye Colour Stick
Nevada Gold
Eye Lustre Liner
Hand Protector
Hemp
Lotion
Almond Milk & Honey
Oils of Life Intensely Revitalising Eye Cream-Gel
On A Rope Soap
Hemp
Shade Adjusting Drops
Shower Cream
Almond Milk & Honey
Shea
Vitamin E Hydrating Toner
Spa Of The World Velvet Moisture Body Cream
Japanese Camellia Cream

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...