Friday, January 16, 2009

The Body Shop Duo Eyeshadow in #02, and Eye Lustre Liner in Glistening Blue and Mercury Shine

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

When I posted my haul from The Body Shop (click here to see), Trinh wanted to see swatches of the cosmetics I bought. Let me rephrase that she bothered me for several days. I'm finally posting up the swatches and a look I did with the eyeshadow duo.

Here's how the eyeshadow duo looks open. The top color is Eucalyptus Grey and the bottom is Gris Eucalyptus. It's #02 from their eyeshadow duo line.

Now for the swatches...
Hopefully, you can see. I thought it was pretty pigmented on my hands and in this picture, on the bottom of my arm (pale part). For that reason, I bought this duo.

Here's what I came up with using this eyeshadow duo. It's also the look I had when I met up with my makeup buddy last weekend. :)
UDPP
NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Pots & Pans on the lid
The Body Shop Duo Shadow:
* Eucalyptus Grey on the lid
* Gris Eucalyptus on the outer "V," crease, and the bottom
CG Sugar Rush as highlight
L'oreal HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in Black
Smashbox Cream Eye Liner Duo in Smashing Beacon on the inner corner and bottom 1/3
Hard Candy Mascara

In honestly, this is the second time using this eyeshadow duo. The first time I actually applied it without a color base, and can I tell you I had to layer this eyeshadow for the color to show up! :( Even with layering the color, I hardly can see it *sigh*. I didn't want to be quick in judgment so I gave it another go with this eyeshadow... lol~ It came out much better, as well as, pigmented when I used a color base. The only problem I had was that after I used an eyelash curler, the eyeshadow started coming off *sigh*.


I also swatched the eyeliners I bought just in case my kim-chi eating buddy ask for it.
On the left is #03 Glistening Blue and the right is #02 Mercury Shine.

Here's a swatch on my hand.
PLEASE ignore the eyeliners on the outside! I took this picture for another post in the future... hehe~ :X The second one is #02 Mercury Shine and the third one is #03 Glistening Blue. I especially love the color for Glistening Blue, but it's so watery!!!

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

6 comments:

Neeyuh said...

Sorry the cosmetics didn't work out for you! The look you did is really pretty though, I love grays!

~
I was really surprised the nail polish lasted that long, it was just maybe a few days before 2 weeks and it was chipping. Maybe it's because I reapplied top coat after a week. I still love them though!

fuzkittie said...

Yea they don't look very pigmented!

AskMeWhats said...

The body shop cosmetics line probably is more on the natural side that's why its mostly sheer :) But you know what it works so well and I love your EOTD :)

happy weekend!!!

paperdollrevenge said...

The eyeliners look nice! Too bad they are watery. I've never tried any of The Body Shop's cosmetics, so it's good to read your review on them! =)

Have a great weekend!

kawaiikao said...

thanks for the swaps and the colors look great on you!

Shen said...

I love it! so pretty!! i wish we could see your pretty face.. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...