Friday, May 14, 2021

The Body Shop Body Butter in Pink Grapefruit

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In December 2020, I was gifted The Body Shop Body Butters from a friend.
Here are the body butters I received. I already reviewed The Body Shop Body Butter in Festive Berry (bottom). For this post, I will review the one on the top left.
This is The Body Shop Body Butter in Pink Grapefruit. Since I did a thorough review of The Body Shop Body Butter in Cranberry, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look inside the packaging.
Here's a swatch of the body butter on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I was not too sure how I would like the smell. Before using the product, I sniffed the product and it smelled sour. It could also be mental. Once I applied the product, it smelled heavenly. It wasn't as sour as I sniffed the product. It could be the chemistry of my body and the scent. It does smell like grapefruit but in a sweet way. I just sniffed the product again and it has a sour grapefruit scent. Secondly, I've always loved the packaging. The designs are attractive. It's colorful but not in a bright way. It's grabs your attention or at least mine. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. I do recommend putting it in a Ziploc bag before doing so. You can feel a slight grease from the moisturizer on the outside package. It happens when you close the top after moisturizing. It grabs the grease from your hands. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while applying. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. After showering, I massage into the skin from neck down. I just grab the body butter from the tub with my fingers. Make sure your hands are clean before doing so. You want to keep the body butter inside the tub clean as possible. Since I have dry skin, it absorbs quickly. If you have normal to oily skin, I recommend using a thin layer as possible. It can be thick for some people. For me, it's perfect. It makes my skin smooth, soft, and hydrated. I can see the dryness turn more alert and bright. Not only that, the scent lasts for few minutes. Either I get used to the scent or it only lasts that time. Lastly, I only moisturize my body after showering. If it lasts until the next shower, it's a positive for me and this does that. I'm glad I got this product. I've been a huge fan of the body butters from The Body Shop since I was first introduced by a friend.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other The Body Shop products reviewed/swatch:
Body Butter
Body Scrub
Duo Eyeshadow
#02
Eye Colour Stick
Nevada Gold
Eye Lustre Liner
Mercury Shine
Gently Exfoliating Cream Scrub
Almond Milk & Honey
Vitamin E Hydrating Toner
Spa Of The World Velvet Moisture Body Cream
Japanese Camellia Cream

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...