Wednesday, June 17, 2020

The Body Shop Almond Milk & Honey Gently Exfoliating Cream Scrub

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

End of February 2017, I was fortunate to attend The Body Shop Almond Milk & Honey Event. At the end of the event, The Body Shop gave us a goody bag full of their newest products.
Here are the products I received. I already reviewed The Body Shop Body Butter in Almond Milk & Honey (bottom right), The Body Shop Shower Cream in Almond Milk & Honey (middle), The Body Shop Body Lotion in Almond Milk & Honey (top right), The Body Shop Almond Milk & Honey Cleansing Bar (bottom middle), and The Body Shop Almond Milk & Honey Bath Milk (top middle). For this post, I will review the scrub on the middle right.
Product Review: The Body Shop Almond Milk & Honey Gently Exfoliating Cream Scrub

Where to purchase: ULTA, The Body Shop and online at thebodyshop.com
Price: $24 for 8.6 oz/ 245 g

Made in Germany

Description from the website: Smooth and soften sensitive skin with this delicate exfoliating cream scrub, designed to gently buff away dead skin cells and leave skin feeling soft. Enriched with organic almond milk from Spain and Community Trade honey from Ethiopia, Almond Milk & Honey is specially formulated for sensitive, dry skin.

* Specially formulated for sensitive, dry skin
* Enriched with Community Trade Honey from Ethiopia & organic Almond Milk from Spain
* Dermatologically tested
Ingredients:
Aqua, Glycine Soja Oil, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil, PEG-100 Stearate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Parfum, Dimethicone, Mel, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Cetyl Alcohol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Myristamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Luffa Cylindrica Fruit, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Shell Powder, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Myristyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Denatonium Benzoate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Seed Extract, Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Dehydroacetic Acid.
Thoughts: To be honest, I hardly use body scrubs. I feel like it's more a mess than anything. Lately, I noticed my skin doesn't look that clean and decided to try body scrub again.
Here's a closer look inside the packaging.
Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while using. It's light and nutty. With time, you get used to the scent and don't notice it anymore. I just sniffed the product and it smells like how it's used. It's on the musky side which isn't my type of scent, but it's doable. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It's simple and clean. I like that it's see through. I love seeing products go down. It makes me feel productive when I use products. It's all mental. Plus, I own so many products. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of plastic. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. I do recommend putting it in a Ziploc bag. I noticed the outside of the packaging got greasy. It's most likely the constant use of my hands massaging the scrub onto my body, and then touching the packaging. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while massaging into my skin. It's a good consistency. I also noticed the exfoliate are not big and thick. From my past experience, the exfoliate would be too big and hard to work into the skin. Also, it would get messy in the shower since it wouldn't dissolve. I would step and I can feel it on my the bottom of my feet. For this reason, I stopped exfoliating my skin with a scrub. I decided to re-try since I have bumpy skin. Thankfully, the exfoliate are a decent size. It's on the smaller size. It does take some effort to dissolve it, but it doesn't bother me. The best part I cannot feel it in the shower or at least I don't feel it at the bottom of my feet. It's not messy at all! With that said, it's easy to use. After I shampoo and condition my hair, I go down to my body. I massage the scrub all over my body from neck to toes. It feels good on the skin. It feels more like a lotion/cream with small exfoliates. After the shower, my skin feels slightly more hydrated and less bumpy. Lastly, the next day my skin feels good. It's definitely a combination of body scrub and body moisturizer. I noticed the bumps around my skin became less, but I need to be more consistent. I've been trying to scrub my body twice a week. I need to be better at moisturizing. I only moisturize after I shower. I'm glad I got this product. It's a decent scrub. I wouldn't say it's the scrub I'm looking for, but it's a good one. If you have sensitive skin and little skin issues, I recommend this product. I think I need a stronger exfoliate to get rid of my bumpy skin. Also, the ingredients are natural.

Pros:
* Slight scent while using.
* Simple and clean packaging.
* See through packaging; can see the product go down.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Creamy and medium consistency.
* Exfoliate are not big and thick.
* Not messy to use.
* Easy to use.
* Feels good on the skin.
* Hydrating.
* Great for sensitive skin.
* Natural ingredients.

Cons:
* Packaging got greasy.
* Takes some effort to dissolve the exfoliate.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other The Body Shop products reviewed/swatch:
Bath Milk
Almond Milk & Honey
Body Butter
Body Scrub
Duo Eyeshadow
#02
Eye Colour Stick
Nevada Gold
Eye Lustre Liner
Hand Protector
Hemp
Lotion
Almond Milk & Honey
Oils of Life Intensely Revitalising Eye Cream-Gel
On A Rope Soap
Hemp
Shade Adjusting Drops
Shower Cream
Almond Milk & Honey
Shea
Vitamin E Hydrating Toner
Spa Of The World Velvet Moisture Body Cream
Japanese Camellia Cream

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...