Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Shea Moisture Papaya & Vitamin C Revive & Brighten Bar Soap

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion. 

I am fortunate to receive Shea Moisture products from Influenster.
Here are the products I received. I already reviewed Shea Moisture Papaya & Vitamin C Brighter Days Ahead Moisturizer (right). For this post, I will review the soap on the left.
Product Review: Shea Moisture Papaya & Vitamin C Revive & Brighten Soap

Where to purchase: Drugstores, Target, and online at sheamoisture.com
Price: for 8 oz/ 227 g

Made in USA

Description from the package:
Fresh, Fruity and Floral
Give your skin a little extra TLC with this gentle, never drying bar soap! The combination of Papaya Enzymes, Vitamin C and Yuzu Lemon makes this soap the ideal first step in a skin brightening regiment. Leaves skin feeling soft and looking radiant.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: I did not know Shea Moisture made bar soaps. For that reason, I was curious to try this product.
Here's a closer look at the bar soap.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while using. I just sniffed the product and there's a light scent. It smells sweet and fruity. I am not too sure if this how papaya is supposed to smell like. I don't like the fruit itself. The smell on the soap is a different story. Secondly, the packaging is nice. I wished it was wrapped in a box instead of a plastic. I would feel better knowing I can recycle a paper box rather than throwing a plastic away. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. Once you remove the plastic, I don't think most people use it anymore or at least I don't. In that case, you need to put it in something if you are taking it for traveling. You don't want the bare soap moving around in your bag. I also like that the brand name is on the soap. It stands out or at least for me. Also, it's easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is soap-like. It's not hard to make a lather. It's also not too thin that it's liquidity when you lather. It's a good consistency and easy to make a lather. I am not a fan of soap that doesn't lather. If it doesn't lather, I keep wetting it with water until I feel some lather. Since it lathers easily, the product will go a long ways. With that said, it's easy to use. I use it in the shower to wash my hands and body. I use it mostly to wash my hands. I use body gel more so to wash my body. I wet the bar soap with water and use it directly on my hands. I also used it to wash clothes when I had deep stain. The stains came out easily. It's light-weight, not sticky, not greasy, and easy on the skin. I don't feel tightness when I use this soap. I don't know if it's hydrating but I do not feel dryness. Lastly, my skin felt good throughout the day. I do hydrate with lotion after washing my hands. So I might not be the best person to review this product but I do like for what it is. I am glad I got this product. Unfortunately, I do not see it on the website. It's either sold out or discontinued. I think it's the second but I could be wrong.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while using.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Easy to take traveling but need to put it in something.
* Brand name on the bar soap.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Soap-like consistency.
* Lathers easily.
* A little goes a long way.
* Easy to use.
* Stains came out easily on clothes.
* Light-weight.
* Not sticky.
* Not greasy.
* Easy on the skin.
* Not drying.
* Parabens-free.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Might be discontinued.
* Wished it was wrapped in a paper box.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Ciate products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...