Friday, June 14, 2019

The Body Shop Almond Milk & Honey Bath Milk

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

End of February 2017, I was fortunate to attend The Body Shop Almond Milk & Honey Event. At the end of the event, The Body Shop gave us a goody bag full of their newest products.

Here are the products I received. I already reviewed The Body Shop Body Butter in Almond Milk & Honey (bottom right), The Body Shop Shower Cream in Almond Milk & Honey (middle), The Body Shop Body Lotion in Almond Milk & Honey (top right), and The Body Shop Almond Milk & Honey Cleansing Bar (bottom middle). For this post, I will review the bath milk on the top middle.
Product Review: The Body Shop Almond Milk & Honey Bath Milk

Where to purchase: ULTA, The Body Shop and online at thebodyshop.com
Price: $15 for 400 mL/ 13.5 fl oz

Made in UK

Description from the website: Formulated to respect your skin's natural moisture barrier with a delicate yet decadent blend of natural oils, this creamy bath milk gently cleanses, soothes and reduces the sensation of tight, itchy dry skin. Enriched with almond milk from Spain and Community Trade honey from Ethiopia, Almond Milk & Honey is specially formulated for sensitive, dry skin.

* Leaves skin feeling soft, clean and care for
* Suitable for sensitive, dry skin
* Enriched with Honey from Ethiopia & organic Almond Milk from Spain
* Hypoallergenic fragrance
* Dermatologically tested
Thoughts: To be honest when I first received this product, I thought it was a body wash but I was not 100% sure. It also did not make sense since there is an actual body wash, body cream, from this line. For this reason, I held back not knowing what type of product this is. I had to research and realized it's used in baths. I don't take bubble baths and thought it will be pointless with me. I decided to use it as a body wash. Is it correct? I'm sure not but it still worked for me.
Here's the opening of the container.
Here's a swatch of the product on a cotton pad.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while using. It's so light I cannot distinguish the smell. I just sniffed the product and it doesn't smell like almond. It does slightly smell like honey. It's on the sweeter side. Secondly, I like the packaging. It really does look like a smaller version of a milk bottle or at least from shows I've seen as a child. I remember watching on TV people delivering milk bottles. It reminds me of that even though I have never seen one. It's cute, classic, simple, and clean looking. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. The shape of the bottle and the top makes it easy to pour into the bathtub. Since I'm using it as a body wash, the top isn't the most convenient. I have to open, put the top somewhere in the shower, pour the product onto a body sponge, and close the top. It just seems like extra work for me. If you do take this product traveling, I recommend putting it in a plastic bag for safely reason. I can see some of the product sliding outside of the bottle while pouring into the bathtub or in my case, body sponge. Third, the consistency is creamy and medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs everywhere. It's a decent consistency. I wouldn't say it's my type of consistency but it's doable. With that said, it's easy to use. I just apply a quarter size amount onto a body sponge. I lather until I can feel some soap onto the body sponge. Then I wash as much as I can. Unfortunately, it smooths out quickly. Once I don't feel any soap on the body sponge, I apply a little bit more and I can finish the rest of the body. The product is light, gentle, and leaves a nice, smooth skin. It's definitely not drying. I did not feel any tightness after I came out of the shower. On the other hand, I don't know if it's hydrating. I tend to moisturize after I come out of the shower. It's a routine. Lastly, I'm glad I got to try this product. I've always been a fan of The Body Shop and still am. It did not disappoint but the product itself will be better on someone who takes bubble baths.

Pros:
* Slight scent while using.
* Cute, classic, simple, clean looking packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to pour into the bathtub.
* Creamy and medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Lathers.
* Light.
* Gentle.
* Good for sensitive skin.
* Leaves a nice, smooth skin.
* Not drying.

Cons:
* Product can slide outside the bottle while pouring.
* Lathers disappear quickly.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other The Body Shop products reviewed/swatch:
 Body Butter
Body Scrub
Passion Fruit
Cleansing Bar
Almond Milk & Honey
Down To Earth Eyeshadow Quad
Gold
Duo Eyeshadow
#02
Eye Colour Stick
Nevada Gold
Eye Lustre Liner
Hand Protector
Hemp
Lotion
Almond Milk & Honey
Oils of Life Intensely Revitalising Eye Cream-Gel
On A Rope Soap
Hemp
Shade Adjusting Drops
Shower Cream
Almond Milk & Honey
Shea
Vitamin E Hydrating Toner
Spa Of The World Velvet Moisture Body Cream
Japanese Camellia Cream

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...