Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Clarins Extra-Firming Energy

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I was fortunate to receive some products from Clarins thanks to Influenster.
Here are the products I got. For this post, I will review the moisturizer on the left.
Product Review: Clarins Extra-Firming Energy

Where to purchase: Sephora, ULTA, and online at clarinsusa.com
Price: 15 mL/ 0.5 oz

Made in France

Description from the website:
What it is
a 2-in-1 day cream that visibly firms and boosts radiance, with re-energizing superpowers for a health-looking glow. This new generation, dual-action cream combines the revitalizing expertise of Clarins' anti-aging plant ingredients, including an age-defying blend of Kangaroo Flower and Organic Mitracarpus extracts, with our Glow Plus Complex to target signs of fatigue and stress-loss of firmness, wrinkles, and dullness-promoting a smooth, even, radiant complexion.

Our proprietary Glow Plus Complex is powered by energizing superfruits-radiance boosting Acerola seed (rich in Vitamin C), revitalizing Organic Goji Berry, skin-enhancing Paprika extract, and nourishing Organic Apricot oil-to create a healthy-looking glow. A blend of four micro-pearls enhances luminosity for virtually flawless-looking skin.

Formulated with Clarins' plant-based Anti-Pollution Complex to protect skin from outdoor and indoor pollution, including skin-aging blue lights from electronics.

The silky-smooth, anti-aging day cream melts into the skin with a comfortable, lightweight finish. The natural apricot tint blends seamlessly into all skin tones, providing a youthful, healthy-looking radiance.

* Skin type: All skin types
* Texture: Cream
* Use: Apply to clean face each morning.

Benefits
*Visibly firms, tightens, and smoothes
*Boosts skin's radiance and promotes an even skin tone
* Energizes skin to create a healthy-looking glow
* Hydrates and nourishes
* Clarins' plant-based Anti-Pollution Complex helps protect skin from indoor and outdoor pollutants

Innovation and plant expertise
Our Glow Plus Complex is powered by energizing superfruits-radiance-boosting Acerola seed (rich in Vitamin C), revitalizing Organic Goji Berry, skin-enhancing Paprika extract, and nourishing Organic Apricot oil-to create a healthy-looking glow. A blend of four micro-pearls enhances luminosity for virtually flawless-looking skin.

Clarins Plus
Dual-action skincare that combines Clarins' anti-aging expertise with a blend of radiance-boosting superfruits.
Ingredients:
AQUA/WATER/EAU. GLYCERIN. PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) KERNEL OIL. DIMETHICONE. CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE. BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER. CI 77891/TITANIUM DIOXIDE. PHENYL TRIMETHICONE. PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAETHYLHEXANOATE. AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE/VP COPOLYMER. SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE. PENTAERYTHRITYL DISTEARATE. PENTYLENE GLYCOL. POLYGLYCERYL-10 MYRISTATE. POLYACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER-6. PARFUM/FRAGRANCE. BUTYLENE GLYCOL. SODIUM BENZOATE. ANIGOZANTHOS FLAVIDUS EXTRACT. AVENA SATIVA (OAT) KERNEL EXTRACT. DISODIUM EDTA. TOCOPHERYL ACETATE. CITRIC ACID. SODIUM HYALURONATE. DIMETHICONOL. BETAINE. SORBITOL. CAPSICUM ANNUUM FRUIT EXTRACT. TIN OXIDE. T-BUTYL ALCOHOL. MARRUBIUM VULGARE EXTRACT. LYCIUM BARBARUM FRUIT EXTRACT. KALANCHOE PINNATA LEAF EXTRACT. BALANITES ROXBURGHII SEED OIL. MITRACARPUS SCABER EXTRACT. MALPIGHIA EMARGINATA (ACEROLA) SEED EXTRACT. PHENETHYL ALCOHOL. CI 14700/RED 4. FURCELLARIA LUMBRICALIS EXTRACT. HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL. POTASSIUM SORBATE. TOCOPHEROL. LAPSANA COMMUNIS FLOWER/LEAF/STEM EXTRACT. MARIS SAL/SEA SALT/SEL MARIN. ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT [V3769A]
Thoughts: I've always wanted to try Clarins but they are on the expensive side. For this reason, I was excited when I received a deluxe sample.
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's a closer look at the moisturizer on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while using. It's so light that I didn't even notice until now for review purchases. With that said, it's hard to distinguish the smell. I just sniffed the product and it smells like sweet fruits. I actually like the smell but that's me. Secondly, I like the packaging. I don't own the full size but from the website, it looks nice. I will only talk about the deluxe sample I received. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's make out of plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. One thing good about this deluxe sample is that you have full control of the quantity you squeeze. Since you are squeezing the moisturizer, it is sanitary-safe. You do not have to dig into the container. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to absorb into the skin. It's also not too thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency. It's great for normal to dry skin individuals like myself. I can see people with oily skin finding it on the thicker side. With that said, it's easy to use. I used it as a morning moisturizer. After cleansing and all the steps, it's the second to last skin care routine. My last skin care routine is sunscreen before heading out the doors. I squeeze a dime size amount of moisturizer onto the palm of my left hand. I spot all over the face with my right middle finger and pat with my hands until it gets absorbed into the skin. Apparently, I have been doing this wrong. On the website it says to warm up the moisturizer between the palms of both hands. Then pat onto the skin with the moisturizers on the palm of the hands. It's best to look on the website they a picture diagram and a video. It's light-weight, not sticky, not greasy, comfortable, and it leaves a nice smooth slightly shiny texture. It also absorbs quickly and leaves my skin hydrated. Lastly, I used it as a morning moisturizer. They also recommend using it as a morning moisturizer. You can use it for nights but I just followed the direction. Since it hydrated once I applied, I did not have to reapply throughout the day. It kept my skin soft and hydrated. I am glad I got this product. I am really impressed with the product. I do not know if it firmed my skin though. I think I need to use it consistency for several weeks to know for sure. I just wasn't that good with the routine, but I was happy with what the result.

Pros:
* Light scent while using.
* Well-made and sturdy.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Full control of the quantity you squeeze.
* Sanitary-safe.
* Creamy consistency and on the medium.
* Great for normal to dry skin individuals.
* Easy to use.
* Light-weight.
* Not sticky.
* Not greasy.
* Comfortable.
* Leaves a nice, smooth, slightly, shiny texture.
* Absorbs quickly.
* Hydrating.

Cons:
* Expensive.


Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Clarins products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...