Friday, March 11, 2022

The Body Shop Body Butter 96H Nourishing Moisture in Mango

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In December 2021, I was gifted The Body Shop products from a friend for Christmas.
Here are the products I received. For this post, I will review the body butter from the top left.
Product Review: The Body Shop Body Butter 96H Nourishing Moisture in Mango

Where to purchase: The Body Shop or online at thebodyshop.com
Price: $22 for 6.4 fl oz/184 g

Made in Poland

Description from the website: Love and nourish dry skin like never before with our best ever Mango Body Butter.

Now made with 96% ingredients of natural origin, including Community Fair Trade mango seed oil from India, handcrafted Community Fair Trade shea butter from Ghana and Community Fair Trade Brazil nut oil from Peru, our body moisturiser leaves dry skin feeling softer, smoother and nourished with 96hr moisture. It even gives you a natural-looking glow.

We've also improved the scent, so you can smell like a ripe and juicy mango.

This juicy-smelling, intensely creamy Body Butter now comes in recyclable packaging* made with an aluminium lid and 100% recycled plastic tub, including Community Fair Trade recycled plastic from India. This means you can love your planet every time you love that beautiful body.

Slather on our non-sticky, non-greasy moisturiser sparingly or generously. Seriously. Loving yourself never felt this good.

* Where local facilities allow.
Ingredients:
Aqua/Water/Eau, Mangifera Indica Seed Oil/Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Oil, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter/Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Stearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Triethyl Citrate, Parfum/Fragrance, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Caprylyl Glycol, Oryza Sativa Bran Wax/Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Xanthan Gum, Linalool, Tocopherol, Limonene, Citric Acid, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 15985/Yellow 6.
Thoughts: My friend warned me it's a new formula. Even though I was warned, I wasn't expecting it to be different. I was going to review this product like the other body butters from The Body Shop. After using this particular formula, I thought it would be better to give it its own review.
Here's a closer look inside the tub.
Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a noticeable scent while using. It does smell like mango. I just sniffed the product and it smells how it's applied. It smells so good! Secondly, I like the packaging. It's cute. I really like the design. It's bright, and attracts the eyes or at least mine. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The lid is sturdy as well. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the lid. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is slightly creamy and in-between thin to medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to massage into the skin. It's also not too thin that it runs while massaging. It's an alright consistency. I definitely can tell they changed the formula. The older version is a lot more creamier. It felt like butter. As you touch the moisturizer, it felt velvety and creamy on the fingers. This version feels like hard butter. As you scrape hard butter, little pieces come off. When you rub the moisturizer with your fingers, scrapes come off like hard butter. I have to roll in a circular motion with my fingers to warm up the moisturizer. Warming up the moisturizer makes it a lot more easier to work with. With that said, it's easy to use. After showering, I would roll with my fingers in a circular motion to warm up the moisturizer. Once I could grab the body butter with my fingers, I would massage it into my skin. It absorbs quickly and leaves a slight shiny texture. It's hydrating. I can feel moisture in my skin as I massage the body butter. I still think the older version is more hydrating but this isn't as bad. I say this might be good for all skin types. The older version was better for normal to dry skin like myself. It's light-weight, not sticky, and not greasy. Lastly, it hydrates me in-between showers. I think the older version hydrated me a lot more. I felt more hydrated during the dry winter weather. This particular formula hydrates me but not as well as the older version. I am glad I got this product. I just don't understand why The Body Shop changed a formula that was working so well! I was a huge fan for years. It also makes sense why the reviews are low.

Pros:
* Smells like mango.
* Cute and bright design.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Easy to use.
* Absorbs quickly.
* Leaves a slightly shiny texture.
* Hydrating.
* Good for all skin types.
* Light-weight.
* Not sticky.
* Not greasy.
* Vegan.

Cons:
* Consistency is slightly creamy and in-between thin to medium.
* Formula changed compared to older version.
* Pieces scrape off like hard butter.
* Need to warm up the moisturizer.
* Can be dry during the dry winter weather if you have dry skin.
* Not too sure why The Body Shop changed the formula.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  2.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Vitamin E Hydrating Toner
Spa Of The World Velvet Moisture Body Cream
Japanese Camellia Cream

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...