Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Tatcha The Serum Stick

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I was fortunate to receive a serum from Tatcha thanks to Influenster.
Product Review: Tatcha The Serum Stick

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at tatcha.com
Price: $48 for 8 g/ 0.28 oz

Made in Japan

Description from the package: A hydrating and nourishing treatment stick that instantly helps erase visible signs of aging and dryness, revitalizing skin where it needs it most.
Ingredients:
SQUALANE, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) BRAN WAX, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX/CIRE D’ ABEILLE, SACCHAROMYCES/CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF/CLADOSIPHON OKAMURANUS/RICE FERMENT FILTRATE*, MELISSA OFFICINALIS LEAF EXTRACT, BETAPHYCUS GELATINUM EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, TOCOPHEROL, AQUA/WATER/EAU, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PROPANEDIOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PHENOXYETHANOL
Thoughts: When I received this product, I was excited. The last several years I have been a fan of Tatcha and their amazing products.
Here's a closer look at the packaging.
Here's a closer look at the serum stick.
Here's a closer look at the full quantity of the product.
Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while using. I just sniffed the product and there's no scent whatsoever. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's small and the color is beautiful. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal, as well as, a clicking noise when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, I wouldn't say it's creamy. It has a Vaseline-like feel but thinner in texture. I would say it's medium in consistency. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. After cleansing, I apply jelly lotion then serum. In this case, I have been using the serum stick. I would glide the stick on my cheeks, nose, forehead, eyelids, and chin. After gliding the stick, I would pat the serum with my fingers until it get absorbed into the skin. It spreads easily and absorbs quickly. It's light-weight, not sticky, not greasy, feels silky, and extremely comfortable on the skin. It can be a combination of products but I find it hydrating. There's no tightness while using the serum stick. Lastly with the help of skin care products, I noticed my skin looks good throughout the day. The website mentions to use whenever you need a pick me up, but I never did. It's not because I didn't need it. It's because I get busy with work and other things that it's the last thing on my head. For this reason, I cannot mention about this part of the routine. Other than that, I am glad I got this product. I think it's a genius idea to have a serum on a stick. It's sanitary-safe since you are not digging into the container. Not only that, you just glide the product. You can reach areas that doesn't get much love like corners of the nose.

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal and makes a clicking noise when you open and close the top.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one.
* Vaseline-like feel but thinner in texture.
* Medium in consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Spreads easily.
* Absorbs quickly.
* Light-weight.
* Not sticky.
* Not greasy.
* Feels silky.
* Comfortable on the skin.
* Hydrating.
* No tightness.
* Skin looks good throughout the day.
* Great for pick me up.
* Genius idea to have a serum on a stick.
* Sanitary-safe.
* Can reach areas that doesn't get much love.

Cons:
* Can be costly.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Tatcha products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...