Monday, April 13, 2020

The Body Shop Body Butter in Rich Plum

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In December 2019, I was fortunate to receive a wonderful gift from a friend.

She knows I love The Body Shop Body Butter. I don't know how she knew I wanted to try the left and the top right. She can read my mind. For this post, I will review the body butter from The Body Shop on the top right.
This is The Body Shop Body Butter in Rich Plum. I'm not too sure but I couldn't find it on the website. It's either sold out, discontinued, or just a seasonal scent. I also looked on ULTA and nothing of this scent. Since I did a thorough review of The Body Shop Body Butter in Cranberry, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the body butter.
Here's a swatch of the body butter on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a strong scent while applying. I'm a fan of fruity scents and for this reason, that's one of the things I love about this product. I don't know if this is how plums are supposed to smell but I like it a lot. It smells good and sweet. I just sniffed the product and it smells how it's applied. Secondly, I love the packaging. That's one of the reason why I was drawn to this particular scent. The color and the design on top drew me in. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The lid is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. I do recommend putting the container in a Ziploc bag if you take this with you. When you touch the container while moisturizing, it will grab the product from your hand. For this reason, you will feel slight greasiness on the container. It's easy to throw in your bag, as well as, hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to massage into the skin. It's also not thin that it runs while applying onto the skin. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. Just make sure your hands are clean before putting it into the tub. I grab some product with my hand and massage onto my skin. It's refreshing, good for the skin, and you are circulating the blood system while massaging. It's not sticky, not greasy, and the skin feels so soft. It also leaves a shiny, smooth texture. I love how the product feels on my skin. Since I have dry skin, my skin absorbs this product like no other and it feels comfortable. It might be too thick for oily skin individuals but it's great for normal to dry skin individuals. Lastly, it lasts until my next shower. I only moisturize right out of the shower. If it lasts this long on my dry skin, it will last long for everyone else. I'm glad I got this product. Body Butter from The Body Shop has been and still is my favorite body moisturizer. They smell great and my senses wake up from the smell. Not only that, it's fun to put on the body!

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other The Body Shop products reviewed/swatch:
Bath Milk
Almond Milk & Honey
Body Butter
Body Scrub
Duo Eyeshadow
#02
Eye Colour Stick
Nevada Gold
Eye Lustre Liner
Hand Protector
Hemp
Lotion
Almond Milk & Honey
Oils of Life Intensely Revitalising Eye Cream-Gel
On A Rope Soap
Hemp
Shade Adjusting Drops
Shower Cream
Almond Milk & Honey
Shea
Vitamin E Hydrating Toner
Spa Of The World Velvet Moisture Body Cream
Japanese Camellia Cream

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...