Monday, May 31, 2021

Manicure Monday: OPI in Mexico City Move-mint, Mexico Collection 2020

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion. 

Couple of weeks ago, I visited my ULTA.
Here's my purchase. For this post, I will review one of the nail polishes on the right from OPI.
Here are the two polishes. I will review the one on the left.
This is OPI in Mexico City Move-mint. Since I did a thorough review of OPI in Next Stop...The Bikini Zone, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. It is slightly brighter on the nails than from the bottle.
Here's a closer look at the brush.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalMadam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of OPI in Mexico City Move-mint, and topped all the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is wide enough to do three strokes and move onto the next nail. Even though it doesn't have a curve tip, it was easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, I like the packaging. It will always be the original packaging that I know of. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to apply. It's also not too thin that it runs. It's a good consistency and you can take your time with painting. It will not get clumpy with usage. It's also easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, it's the most perfect Tiffany blue color I have ever seen. Most mints are either too blue or too green. I have never met the perfect color that I imagined Tiffany blue would be until this. For this reason, I think it's unique. Pigmentation-wise it is up there. Two coats were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I did not see shrinkage whatsoever. I did see chipping on the tips on the fourth day. It wasn't a small type of chip. It was huge and it got bigger with days. I am glad I got this product. Even though the chipping is huge, the color made up for it.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other OPI polishes reviewed/swatch:

Brazil Collection 2014
Hello Kitty by OPI Collection 2016
Let's Be Friends!
Look at My Bow!
New Orleans Collection 2016
Got Myself in a Jam-balaya
Scotland Collection 2019
The Nutcracker Collection 2018
Dreams Need Clara-fication
Lavendare to Find Courage
Tokyo Collection 2019
Tempura-ture is Rising!
Washington DC Collection 2016
"Liv" in the Gray

Liquid Sand
Bond Girls Collection 2013
Honey Ryder
Jinx
Pussy Galore
Solitaire
Tiffany Case
Vesper
Brazil Collection 2014
I'm Brazil Nuts Over You
Samba-dy Loves Purple
What's a Little Rain Forest?
You're so Flippy Floppy
Couture de Minnie Collection 2013 (Minnie Mouse)
Mariah Carey Collection 2012
The Impossible
Mariah Carey Holiday Collection 2013
Mexico Collection 2020

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...