Monday, April 13, 2015

Manicure Monday: OPI in I'm Brazil Nuts Over You, Brazil Collection 2014

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Now that it's spring, I've been wanting to wear bright colors (I know it should be pastel). I guess you can say I'm tired of dark, winter colors. The first color that stood out in my collection was from OPI Liquid Sands from the Brazil Collection.
I already reviewed the yellow polish on the far right, You're So Flippy Floppy. For this post, I will review the second one from the left.
Click on the picture to see the original size. Before I review I'm Brazil Nuts Over You, here's the ingredients.
Here's I'm Brazil Nuts Over You. The reason why I reached for this polish is the bright orange/coral color.
Here's a closer look at the polish. It's described as "And I'm crazy for this textured matte pink." Even though it says it's pink, I didn't read this until now. :X I still thought it was coral.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Since it's a mini sized polish, the brush is slightly shorter and slightly thinner.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Formula X For Sephora Base Coat, and 2 coats of OPI in I'm Brazil Nuts Over You.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it took me days to realize it was pink instead of coral. I kept looking at my hand, and thinking it's too bright and pink for my liking. I went from thinking it's coral in the jar to coral pink initially on my hand to it's just plain pink. If you know me well, you will know I'm not a big fan of pink on the nails. It usually has to be mixed with another color like coral pink, purple pink, and so on for me to like it. Secondly since I did a thorough review of Liquid Sands from the Mariah Carey's Collection, I will base on that. With all Liquid Sands, you don't need a top coat unless you don't like the textured polish. The top coat will calm the textured down. Third, it's easy to apply. One thing I like about textured polishes if you make a mistake, you can just apply on top of it. It won't be noticeable. Lastly, the polish lasted 4 days before it started chipping. It's one of those small chips at the end.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other OPI polishes reviewed/swatch:
Brazil Collection 2014
Liquid Sand
Bond Girls Collection 2013
Honey Ryder
Jinx
Pussy Galore
Solitaire
Tiffany Case
Vesper
Brazil Collection 2014
You're so Flippy Floppy
Couture de Minnie Collection 2013 (Minnie Mouse)
Mariah Carey Collection 2012
The Impossible
Mariah Carey Holiday Collection 2013

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

2 comments:

LauraLeia said...

I really like all 4 shades in this mini set! :D Didn't know it was a textured polish.

Ahleessa said...

Yup, it's textured polish. They use to be hot but I don't seem that anymore. I wonder why... hehe~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...