Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Shea Moisture Papaya & Vitamin C Brighter Days Ahead Moisturizer

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion. 

I am fortunate to receive Shea Moisture products from Influenster.
Here are the products I received. For this post, I will review the moisturizer on the right.
Product Review: Shea Moisture Papaya & Vitamin C Brighter Days Ahead Moisturizer

Where to purchase: Drugstores, Target, and online at sheamoisture.com
Price: $12.99 for 3.2 fl oz/ 95 mL

Made in USA

Description from the package: When life gives you lemons, use them to get brighter, juicy skin. This moisturizer, with a blend of Papaya, Vitamin C and Yuzu Lemon, delivers lightweight hydration to banish dullness and keep skin moisturized. Take on the day with a fresh-faced glow as an iridescent sparkle brings out skin's natural luminosity.
Ingredients:
Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Glycerin (Vegetable), Cetearyl Olivate, Cetyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*♥, Sorbitan Olivate, Stearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Ascorbic Acid, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Citrus Junos (Yuzu) Fruit Extract, Eclipta Prostrata (False Daisy) Extract, Lactic Acid, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Leaf Extract, Moringa Oleifera Seed Oil, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Allantoin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Beta-Carotene, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Tocopherol, Mica, Silica, Titanium Dioxide, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Caprylate, Triethyl Citrate, Benzoic Acid *Certified Organic Ingredient ♥Fair Trade Ingredient
Thoughts: When I received this product, I was not too sure. I always thought the brand Shea Moisture was a hair brand. Either they started carrying other products or I have been living under a rock. I think it's the second.
Here's a closer look at the pump.
Here's a closer look at the moisturizer on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while using. It's so light it's hard to distinguish the smell, but I do smell slight citrus. After awhile, you get used to the smell that you don't notice it anymore. I just sniffed the product and it does smell like orange. It smells good! If you are not into citrus smell, it only lasts for a few minutes. Secondly, the packaging is alright. The color on the label is pretty and attractive. You can tell they did not spend much on the packaging. When they don't spend money on aesthetic reason, you expect the company to have spent on the product itself. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of plastic. The pump is also sturdy. You have full control of the quantity you pump, as well as, it twists to open and lock. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. I do recommend putting it in a Ziploc bag just in case the pump opens. You don't want the moisturizer to spread in your bag. Since you don't have to dig into the product, it is sanitary-safe. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's doesn't get absorbed into the skin. It's also not too thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency. It might be too thick for oily skin individuals. I recommend for normal to dry skin individuals. Even though I have dry skin, it might be too light for the dry winter weather. For the summer, it is good. With that said, it's easy to use. After cleansing and doing my morning routine, the second to the last step I apply my moisturizer. I pump three onto the palm of my hand. Then I dot all over the face and pat until it gets absorbed. It gets absorbed quickly since I have dry skin and it needs moisturization. It's refreshing and leaves a nice, smooth texture. It's lightweight, not sticky, not greasy, and extremely comfortable. My skin feels hydrated. With hydration, the fine and thick lines improve with usage. Lastly, I've been using it as a morning moisturizer. It's easy and quick to use. Since all I have to do is pump and apply. Depending on my skin, most times I do not have to re-apply throughout the day. I'm glad I got this product. It's a good moisturizer for normal to slight dry skin.

Pros:
* Slight scent while using.
* Smells like orange.
* Pretty and attractive label.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy pump; twists to open and close.
* Full control of quantity you pump.
* Travel-friendly.
* Sanitary-safe.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Creamy consistency and on the medium.
* Good for normal to dry skin.
* Easy to use.
* Absorbs quickly.
* Refreshing.
* Leaves a nice, smooth texture.
* Lightweight.
* Not sticky.
* Not greasy.
* Comfortable.
* Hydrating.
* Fine and thick lines improves with usage.
* Most times do not need to re-apply throughout the day.

Cons:
* Might be too light for the dry winter weather.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...