Monday, March 10, 2014

Manicure Monday: OPI in Next Stop...The Bikini Zone, Brazil Collection 2014

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

When the Brazil Collection from OPI came out last month, I knew I had to grab the Liquid Sands. I will show swatches in the future post. Ever since Liquid Sands, I hardly buy normal polishes. This is just my opinion but I feel like there are so many similar colors out in the market. I asked myself how many different mints do I need for example; mint with more blue, mint with slight green, and so on. For that reason, I've been forcing/convincing myself to only get unique colors or colors I don't have. When I saw this polish, I thought it was unique and something I didn't have in my collection.

Product Review: OPI in Next Stop...The Bikini Zone, Brazil Collection 2014

Where to purchase: ULTA and online at opi.com
Price: $9 for 15 mL/ 0.5 fl oz

Made in USA

Description from ULTA website: OPI takes us on a journey of color to Brazil where vivid hues are set against the Sienna shades of beach and earth with a backdrop of rainforest flora. Explore Brazil and discover rich, vibrant shades - a color destination that is sure to stir your soul.
Thoughts: When I first saw this in person, I wasn't too sure if I would like it or not. I was debating and eventually, gave in.
Here's a closer look at the polish. It's definitely a duo tone, and slight true to color. It all depends on the angle of the camera.
Here's a closer look at the brush. It's a typical OPI brush; my perfect width.
Here's how the polish looks on me, and it's very true to color! I wore 2 coats of Next Stop...The Bikini Zone and topped it off with Butter London P.D. Quick Topcoat.
I tried taking pictures of different angles so you can see the different tones.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I noticed I don't have a thorough review for OPI polishes other than Liquid Sand. I will base future OPI polishes to this review. Secondly, I'm a huge fan of OPI brushes. They are easy to paint around the cuticles or at least for me. I tend to have problems with thinner brushes. I also think with the consistency of most OPI polishes, it makes it easy to paint completely. It's not too thick that you have to paint right away or it leaves a messy polish. It's not too thin that it's so watery and moves around on the base of the nails. Not only is the consistency in the medium, it applies softly and leaves no streaks. OPI has everything I like including the lasting time. Most OPI lasts a minimum of 5 days on me. This nail polish lasted 6 days with barely a chip. I'm starting to think it's not the nail polish but a combination of base, polish, and top coat that makes a difference on the lasting power. The base coat I've been using, thanks to a friend who gifted me, has helped with the polishes lasting longing. I will review it in the future. Lastly, this color is just gorgeous! I love the duo tone.

Pros:
* Comes in a variety of colors.
* Easy to find in stores and online.
* Medium brush; easy to paint around the cuticles.
* Medium consistency; not too thin and not to thick.
* Easy to apply.
* No streaking.
* Lasting power was 6 days.

Cons:
* None.

Would repurchase: Yes!
Rating:  5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other OPI polishes reviewed/swatch:
Liquid Sand
Bond Girls Collection 2013
Honey Ryder
Jinx
Pussy Galore
Solitaire
Tiffany Case
Vesper
Couture de Minnie Collection 2013 (Minnie Mouse)
Mariah Carey Collection 2012
The Impossible
Mariah Carey Holiday Collection 2013

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

7 comments:

LauraLeia said...

The colour doesn't look that interesting in the bottle, but on your nails the colour looks great! :D

Lucie said...

So pretty! I also love OPI brushes. Even if they're not large, it's still easy to apply the polish.

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! The polish color is extremely pretty. It's so worth the color. How are you with thin brushes like Essie? I seem to have trouble painting around the cuticle area. :/

Ahleessa said...

To be honest, I never realized the color difference between the bottle and on the nails until I wrote this post. It's so true and the color on the nails are gorgeous! :)

Brittnee KAO said...

I loveeeeeee this color. I work at a beauty school and we sell OPI and I keep wanting to pick it up every time I walk past the display!

Brittnee
http://beautyproductaday.com

Ahleessa said...

The brushes in France is thicker!?!? What happened to US?... lol~ :X

Ahleessa said...

Oh you should pick it up. It's a gorgeous color and I love it! Do you get a discount working at a beauty school?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...