Monday, January 7, 2019

Manicure Monday: OPI in Dreams Need Clara-fication, The Nutcracker Collection 2018

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In November 2018, I purchased some products from ULTA.

Here's my haul. I already reviewed Mario Badescu Facial Spray With Aloe, Cucumber and Green Tea (top middle). For this post, I will review the OPI polish on the bottom right.
Here's a closer look at the two OPI polishes I purchased. For this post, I will review the polish on the right.
This is OPI in Dreams Need Clara-fication. Since I did a thorough review of OPI in Next Stop...The Bikini Zone, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. It's darker on the nails than from the bottle.
Here's a closer look at the brush. I love the wide width.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalButter London Nail Foundation Priming Basecoat, 2 coats of OPI in Dreams Need Clara-fication, and then topped all the nails with Butter London Hardwear Shine UV Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, OPI is my favorite brush when it comes to width. To be honest, OPI was my favorite brush period. Then I found another brush with the same width. The only difference was that brush had a curve tip. OPI is straight across the tip. I found the curve tip was easier to paint around the cuticles. Even though I like the curve tip, I still like OPI brushes. With that said, it was easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, I always have liked OPI packaging. It's simple and it's easy to hold with my hands. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thin that it runs everywhere. It's also not too thick that you need to paint quickly before it dries. You can take your time while painting. With that said and what I have noticed with pastel colors, they are slightly thicker than most other colors. I'm not too sure why but this is not an exception. It is slightly thicker but not to the point it's hard to work with. It's a decent consistency. I do feel with time, it might get thicker but I'm not 100% sure on that. At this moment, it's easy to use. Fourth, the color is a great spring and summer color. I'm not too sure why this came out for the holidays. It doesn't look like a winter color or at least for me. With that said, I wouldn't say the color is unique. There's similar colors from other brands. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Two layer was good enough to show on my light skin. Lastly, there's no shrinkage whatsoever. I did notice chipping on the sides of the tips on the 6th day. Other than that, it looks pretty good. I'm glad I got it. It's a pretty color and it lasts a decent amount of time.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other OPI polishes reviewed/swatch:

Brazil Collection 2014
Hello Kitty by OPI Collection 2016
Let's Be Friends!
Look at My Bow!
New Orleans Collection 2016
Got Myself in a Jam-balaya
Washington DC Collection 2016
"Liv" in the Gray

Liquid Sand
Bond Girls Collection 2013
Honey Ryder
Jinx
Pussy Galore
Solitaire
Tiffany Case
Vesper
Brazil Collection 2014
I'm Brazil Nuts Over You
Samba-dy Loves Purple
What's a Little Rain Forest?
You're so Flippy Floppy
Couture de Minnie Collection 2013 (Minnie Mouse)
Mariah Carey Collection 2012
The Impossible
Mariah Carey Holiday Collection 2013
Mexico Collection 2020

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...