Sunday, May 2, 2021

Manicure Monday: Sinful Colors in Tutu Thrill

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Sorry I have been MIA! Couple weeks ago my computer blew up and I mean it in literal sense. I had to get a new computer and it took awhile to get a new one. Anyways, I saw this polish from Sinful Colors awhile ago at my Walmart.
This is Sinful Colors in Tutu Thrill. Since I did a thorough review of Sinful Colors in Lets Meet, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. It's darker on the nails than from the bottle.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, it's a lot thinner and slightly shorter. I would say the width is on the thin side.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalMadam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of Sinful Colors in Tutu Thrill, and topped all the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is on the thin side. It's definitely not my type of brush. Even though I didn't clean the brush in the inside of the bottle, I had to re-dip to get more polish. Because of the consistency and the thinness of the brush, I did struggle painting around the cuticles and sides. If you are more an experienced painter, it shouldn't be bad for you. I'm just lazy and not that great when it comes to painting. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It's simple and I like the shiny, metallic top. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and in-between medium to thick. It's not extremely thick but I did find it kind of hard to use. It's definitely not thin. Because of the thick consistency, it got thicker with usage. For this reason, it made me paint my nails quicker than usual. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there aren't any streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the color is a pale pink. It's a gorgeous spring and summer color. I really like the color but I don't think it's unique. I think you can find it in other brands. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Two coats were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I saw chipping on the sides of the tips on the second day. As days went on, the chipping got a lot bigger. Other than chipping, I did not see shrinkage whatsoever. I just noticed on the website you are supposed to apply the polish and their top coat. I did not know that and used it as a regular polish. I don't know if it affected it to chip quicker but it is possible. I am glad I got this polish. I definitely need to test it out with their top coat!

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Sinful Colors nail polishes reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...