Monday, May 6, 2019

Manicure Monday: OPI in Tempura-ture is Rising!, Tokyo Collection 2019

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Last Sunday, April 2019, I bought one nail polish. The color stood out from the OPI stand.

This is OPI in Tempura-ture is Rising! Since I did a thorough review of OPI in Next Stop...The Bikini Zone, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. It's darker on the nails than the bottle.
Here's a closer look at the brush. I love the wide width brush.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalButter London Nail Foundation Priming Basecoat, 2 coats of OPI in Tempura-ture is Rising!, and then topped all the nails with Butter London Hardwear Shine UV Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is wide enough to do three strokes and move onto the next nail. I'm a huge fan of brushes that are wide enough to be quick and move on. I just don't have the time to sit for a long time and do my nails. For this reason, OPI is one of my favorite brushes. The last year I learned I love brushes with a curve tip. It makes it easier to paint around the cuticles. Even though OPI has a straight tip, it wasn't hard to paint around the cuticles. Secondly, I like OPI packaging. I have never dislike any polish packaging. It's easy to hold with one hand and open the top with the other. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. Third, the consistency is medium. When I painted my first nail, I thought it was slightly on the thicker side and thought it would get thicker with usage. I was wrong. It never got thick while painting. It stayed consistent. You don't have to worry about painting faster than needed. You can take your time while painting. For this reason, it's a good consistency. It's not too thick that it gets clumpy. It's not too thin that it runs everywhere. With that said, it's easy to use. I didn't have any problems with this polish. I did have slight streaking on the first coat but the second layer fix that. Fourth, the color is brighter on the nails than the bottle. It's a great spring and summer color. If you're not into bright colors, I don't recommend this color. It'll look great on all skin tones. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented but two layers were good enough on my skin tone. Lastly, there's a slight shrinkage but it wasn't noticeable until the sixth day. There's also chipping on the sides of the tips. Again, I did not notice it until the sixth day. I'm glad I got this color. It's really pretty and I got a lot of compliments!

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other OPI polishes reviewed/swatch:

Brazil Collection 2014
Hello Kitty by OPI Collection 2016
Let's Be Friends!
Look at My Bow!
New Orleans Collection 2016
Got Myself in a Jam-balaya
The Nutcracker Collection 2018
Dreams Need Clara-fication
Lavendare to Find Courage
Washington DC Collection 2016
"Liv" in the Gray

Liquid Sand
Bond Girls Collection 2013
Honey Ryder
Jinx
Pussy Galore
Solitaire
Tiffany Case
Vesper
Brazil Collection 2014
I'm Brazil Nuts Over You
Samba-dy Loves Purple
What's a Little Rain Forest?
You're so Flippy Floppy
Couture de Minnie Collection 2013 (Minnie Mouse)
Mariah Carey Collection 2012
The Impossible
Mariah Carey Holiday Collection 2013
Mexico Collection 2020

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...