Monday, May 20, 2019

Manicure Monday: OPI in Be There in a Prosecco

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I cannot remember when I purchased this particular nail polish. I believe it was in 2018 but then again I'm not 100% sure. With that said, here's a polish from OPI.
This is OPI in Be There in a Prosecco. Since I did a thorough review of OPI in Next Stop...The Bikini Zone, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "soft, creamy nude" and I have to agree.
Here's a closer look at the brush. I love the wide width brush.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalButter London Nail Foundation Priming Basecoat, 3 coats of OPI in Be There in a Prosecco, and then topped all the nails with Butter London Hardwear Shine UV Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I like the wide width brush. It's quick, three strokes, and then you move onto the next nail. Recently, last year, I started liking tips with a curve. It makes it easier to paint around the cuticles but I didn't find any difficulty with this one. It has a straight cut on the tip. Secondly, I have never disliked any nail polish packaging and this is not an exception. I like the packaging. It's easy to hold with one hand. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. Third, the consistency is creamy but on the slightly thick side. I would say it's in-between medium to thick. Even though it's slightly thick, it didn't get clumpy with usage. It was consistent from beginning to end. With that said, it is easy to use. I did kind of find it streaky but that was only the first coat. The second and third coat smoothed out the streak. Fourth, the color is really pretty. It's a gorgeous, creamy, slightly peachy, tan color. It'll be great for spring and summer season. Pigmentation-wise it's medium. It's definitely not pigmented. I needed three coats for my nails not to peak through. Even with the three coats, I saw some nails peaking. It's not that noticeable but you can see it if you look closely. Lastly, I saw slight shrinkage on the third day. It's not that noticeable unless you look at it closely. Chipping on the sides of the tip were more noticeable than the shrinkage. I saw chipping on the second day. After it chipped slightly, it stopped completely. I'm glad I got to try this particular color. It's a gorgeous color. Do I think it's unique? No, you can find it in other brands. Even though the color isn't unique, it's a decent polish.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other OPI polishes reviewed/swatch:

Brazil Collection 2014
Hello Kitty by OPI Collection 2016
Let's Be Friends!
Look at My Bow!
New Orleans Collection 2016
Got Myself in a Jam-balaya
The Nutcracker Collection 2018
Dreams Need Clara-fication
Lavendare to Find Courage
Tokyo Collection 2019
Tempura-ture is Rising!
Washington DC Collection 2016
"Liv" in the Gray

Liquid Sand
Bond Girls Collection 2013
Honey Ryder
Jinx
Pussy Galore
Solitaire
Tiffany Case
Vesper
Brazil Collection 2014
I'm Brazil Nuts Over You
Samba-dy Loves Purple
What's a Little Rain Forest?
You're so Flippy Floppy
Couture de Minnie Collection 2013 (Minnie Mouse)
Mariah Carey Collection 2012
The Impossible
Mariah Carey Holiday Collection 2013
Mexico Collection 2020

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...