Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Marc Jacobs Youthquake Hydra-Full Retexturizing Gel Creme

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In June 2020, I made a purchase from Sephora.
Here's my haul. I bought four things and received two lip samples on the right. I already reviewed OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Eye Creme (top left), and Fenty Beauty Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipstick in Thicc (bottom right). For this post, I will review another product from the Sephora Favorites on the top left.
Here's a closer look at the box.
Here's a closer look inside.
Here's a closer look at the products. I already reviewed Sephora Face Mask in Lychee (top left), and OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Eye Creme (top middle). For this post, I will review the moisturizer from Marc Jacobs on the bottom right.
Product Review: Marc Jacobs Youthquake Hydra-Full Retexturizing Gel Creme

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at marcjacobsbeauty.com
Price: $14.70 for 15 mL/ 0.5 fl oz

Made in Korea

Description from the website: A multitasking moisturizer, with powerful pineapple enzymes and encapsulated sodium hyaluronate, that provides deep hydration and retexturing results for a glowing, makeup-ready canvas.

Have it all with Youthquake. This multitasking moisturizer has the perfect combination of moisturizing and retexturizing results. Why bother rehydrating dead skin cells? Smooth away rough texture and reveal a fresh surface that's ready to receive major moisture magnitude. Formulated with 54% enzymatic pineapple water and 5% encapsulated sodium hyaluronate, this innovative gel creme gives you an instant glow and lasting hydration for up to 24 hours. Most suitable for normal to dry skin, Youthquake's hydrating formula with a full-bodied gel-creme texture and creamy tropical scent melts luxuriously into skin. With the addition of antioxidant-rich starfruit and dragonfruit extracts, the nourishing formula results in a makeup-ready canvas that looks smoother, plumper and more youthful.

The glowy makeup looks you see on the runway and red carpet begin with the right skin prep. Youthquake Hydra-full Retexturing Gel Creme has been the secret first step to Marc Jacobs Beauty's glowy makeup looks you've seen everywhere.
Ingredients:
ANANAS SATIVUS (PINEAPPLE) FRUIT WATER, AQUA/WATER/EAU, GLYCERIN, PROPANEDIOL, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, HYDROGENATED POLYDECENE, C14-22 ALCOHOLS, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, C12-20 ALKYL GLUCOSIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PEG-100 STEARATE, ISOHEXADECANE, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE/VP COPOLYMER, DIMETHICONOL, OPUNTIA COCCINELLIFERA FLOWER EXTRACT, XANTHAN GUM, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE, POLYSORBATE 80, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, MICA, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, SORBITAN OLEATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, GLUCOSE, SELENICEREUS MEGALANTHUS FRUIT EXTRACT, BROMELAIN, AVERRHOA CARAMBOLA FRUIT EXTRACT, TIN OXIDE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), YELLOW 5 (CI 19140).
Thoughts: When I first saw this product, I was not too sure what to think. I like the brand but I always had mixed feelings about gel moisturizers.
Here's a closer look inside.
Here's a swatch of the cream on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while using. It's so light that you cannot distinguish the smell. With usage, you get used to the smell and don't notice it anymore. I just sniffed the product and it has a mixture of scents. I can smell the muskiness of vanilla and some type of floral. It's not my type of scent but it's doable. Secondly, I do not own the full-size product. I have the mini-size. From what I have seen in person, the mini-size is the same packaging as the full-size. I could be wrong since I did not open the full-size. For this reason, I will only talk about the mini-size. It's simple and professional looking. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Going back to the top when you close the packaging, it might be hard if you have some moisture from the moisturizer. The texture on the fingers make it hard to close. Third, the consistency is gel-like and medium. It's not too thick like a cream. It's also not too thin that it runs while applying. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. After cleansing, I apply the moisturizer as the last step in my skin care routine. I grab a dime size amount and dot all over the face. I pat the moisturizer until it gets absorbed. It quickly spreads and it takes some time to get absorb. It's actually pretty shocking since I have dry skin. My skin would absorb gel-like products like no other and I would need more product. It's a positive thing that it doesn't absorb quickly. It tells me the moisturizer is hydrating and a little goes a long way. It's light-weight, not sticky, not greasy, and extremely comfortable on the skin. My skin feels soft, smooth, and looks dewy. With hydration, you noticed less fine and thick lines. This will be great for all skin types from dry to oily. Lastly, I used it as a morning moisturizer. It hydrated me throughout the day. I did not feel any tightness, as well as, I didn't need to re-moisturizer throughout the day. It's long-lasting and my skin looked better with each day. I'm glad I got this product. I highly recommend and loved every usage.

Pros:
* Slight scent while using.
* Simple and professional looking packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Gel-like, medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Quickly spreads.
* Hydrating.
* Little goes a long way.
* Light-weight.
* Not sticky.
* Not greasy.
* Comfortable.
* Skin is soft and smooth.
* Skin looks dewy.
* Less fine and thick lines.
* Great for all skin types.
* No tightness.
* Long-lasting.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Can be hard to close if you have some moisture on the fingers.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Marc Jacobs products reviewed/swatch:
Le Marc Liquid Lip Crayon

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...