Monday, April 15, 2019

Manicure Monday: OPI in Lavendare to Find Courage, The Nutcracker Collection 2018

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In November 2018, I purchased some products from ULTA.

Here's my haul. I already reviewed Mario Badescu Facial Spray With Aloe, Cucumber and Green Tea (top middle) and OPI in Dreams Need Clara-fication (bottom right). For this post, I will review the other OPI polish on the bottom right.
Here's a closer look at the two OPI polishes I purchased. I already reviewed OPI in Dreams Need Clara-fication (right). For this post, I will review the polish on the left.
This is OPI in Lavendare to Find Courage. Since I did a thorough review of OPI in Next Stop...The Bikini Zone, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. It's darker on the nails than the bottle.
Here's a closer look at the brush. I love the wide width.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalButter London Nail Foundation Priming Basecoat, 2 coats of OPI in Lavendare to Find Courage, and then topped all the nails with Butter London Hardwear Shine UV Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the width of the brush is nice. OPI is one of my favorite brushes for the wide width. For this particular color, the brush could be thinner. The consistency is on the thicker side which I will go into later. With that said, it was an alright brush even with the straight tip. If you are experienced with painting which I'm not, it'll be easy to paint around the cuticles. I had slight difficulty because of the consistency. Also, I think I was impatient. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's nice and simple. I have never disliked a nail polish packaging. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's also easy to hold with your hand. The shape of the bottle makes it easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and in-between medium to thick. I wouldn't say it's the thickest but it is close. Because of the thicker consistency, it would grab a lot more than needed for one coat. You can wipe the inside of the bottle before painting your nails but it kind of made the inside a little clumpy. For this reason, I think it'll be better with a thinner width brush. I also noticed with a lot of pastel polishes, the consistency is thicker. I'm not too sure why. Fourth, the color is perfect for spring and summer season. It's a pretty lavender. It'll look great on medium to dark skin tone. For my light to medium skin tone, it kind of blended in. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented but two layers were good enough on my skin tone. Lastly, this is where I got disappointed. Usually OPI polishes last five days. This only lasted two days. I noticed chipping on the sides of the tip. It wasn't small chips. It was huge and there were also slight shrinkage. The shrinkage happened after it started chipping. For this reason, I didn't really pay attention to the shrinkage since chipping was so bad. If it didn't chip this bad, I think I would like this particular color.

Would repurchase: No.
Rating:  2.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other OPI polishes reviewed/swatch:

Brazil Collection 2014
Hello Kitty by OPI Collection 2016
Let's Be Friends!
Look at My Bow!
New Orleans Collection 2016
Got Myself in a Jam-balaya
The Nutcracker Collection 2018
Dreams Need Clara-fication
Washington DC Collection 2016
"Liv" in the Gray

Liquid Sand
Bond Girls Collection 2013
Honey Ryder
Jinx
Pussy Galore
Solitaire
Tiffany Case
Vesper
Brazil Collection 2014
I'm Brazil Nuts Over You
Samba-dy Loves Purple
What's a Little Rain Forest?
You're so Flippy Floppy
Couture de Minnie Collection 2013 (Minnie Mouse)
Mariah Carey Collection 2012
The Impossible
Mariah Carey Holiday Collection 2013
Mexico Collection 2020

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...