Monday, October 21, 2019

Madam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to work with Madam Glam.

Here are the products I received. I already reviewed Madam Glam Gelementary in Haters gonna Hate (right) and Madam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Top Coat (middle). For this post, I will review the base coat on the left.
Product Review: Madam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat

Where to purchase: online at madamglam.com
Price: unknown for 15 mL/ 0.5 fl oz

Thoughts: I was excited when I received this product. The reason it took so long to use this product was that I was trying to be good with finishing the product I was using at that moment. Let me tell you it takes years to finish one bottle of any type of nail product.
Here's a closer look at the base coat.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, the length is the same. The width, on the other hand, is slightly thinner. I would say it's in-between thin to medium.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I like the width of the brush. It makes it easy to paint three strokes and move onto the next nail. Because of the consistency, it also makes it easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple and clean. I also like that I'm able to see through it. When it comes to nail hardeners, base coats, and top coats; I want to be able to see it go down. It might just be me. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is medium.  It's not too thick that it gets clumpy. It's also not too thin that it runs everywhere. It's a good consistency. You can take your time with painting. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. It leaves a nice, smooth, shiny texture. It doesn't have a sticky consistency. I kind of prefer sticky consistency because the nail polish adheres to it. Even though it doesn't have a sticky consistency, the nail polish applies nicely on top. I also noticed it dries within minutes. If you don't use it as a base coat, it will be a great shiny nail polish. Lastly, it's hard to say how long it lasts. I apply nail hardener, base coat, as well as a top coat. All these steps help prolong the nail polish. From my experience depending on the nail polish and brand, it lasts a good average of five days. I'm glad I got to try this product. It's the base coat of the moment. I will use this product until I finish.

Pros:
* Wide width brush; quick to paint.
* Easy to paint around the cuticles and sides.
* Simple and clean packaging.
* See through packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Goes on smoothly.
* No streaking.
* No bubbles.
* Leaves a nice, smooth, shiny texture.
* Dries within minutes.
* Can use it as a nail polish.
* Makes the polish last for an average of five days.
* 9-free formula.
* Vegan.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Doesn't have a sticky consistency.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Madam Glam products reviewed/swatch:
Nail Polish
Cinderella Shoes

Madam Glam is kind enough to give me a code, "Ahleessa30", for my readers. You get 30% off any purchases. I am not affiliated with the website. I will not get paid if you use the code.

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...