Monday, May 17, 2021

Manicure Monday: Butter London in Iced Lolly

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In March 2021, Costco had a sell on Butter London polishes. I took advantage of the deal.
Here are the polishes in the set. For this post, I will review the third polish from the left.
This is Butter London in Iced Lolly. It's not listed on their website. I'm not 100% sure but I believe it's a Costco special. Since I did a thorough review of Butter London in Muggins, I will base this on that.
Just like all Butter London, it comes with an extra top even though it's smaller in size.
Here's a closer look at the color. It also comes with two tops which I didn't take a picture of.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI brush, it's thinner and shorter. It's not slightly shorter but a lot. It's like half. The width of the brush is on the thin side.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalMadam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of Butter London in Iced Lolly, and topped all the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is on the thin side as well as being short. The brush is short because it's a mini-size polish. The brush isn't something I would reach for, but it's doable for what it is. I did have to re-dip to paint each nail. The tip is not curved, but it wasn't hard to paint around the cuticles and sides. It had to do with the color. It's close to my skin color that it wasn't noticeable if I painted outside the nails. Secondly, the packaging is cute. It's small and I love the silver top. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy as well as for both. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close, as well as, put on and take off the tops. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is in-between thin to medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while painting. It's an okay consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the color is a metallic rose gold. It'll be a great winter color. Since I'm wearing it for the summer, the color isn't appealing to my eyes. I also realized I really am not into metallic. If you like metallic colors, this will be a pretty one. I think the color is unique. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. It's not the most pigmented but it's doable. Two coats were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I saw no shrinkage whatsoever. I did see chipping on the sides of the tips on the third day. As days went on, I got more chipping. I'm glad I got this polish. It's a pretty, unique color. It's just not for me.

Would repurchase: No.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Butter London products reviewed/swatch:
treatments

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...