Monday, June 7, 2021

Manicure Monday: OPI in Let's Be Friends!, Hello Kitty Collection 2019

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Couple of weeks ago, I visited my ULTA.
Here's my purchase. I already reviewed OPI in Mexico City Move-mint (right). For this post, I will review the other nail polish on the right from OPI.
Here are the two polishes. I will review the one on the right.
This is OPI in Let's Be Friends! This isn't a review but on the other hand, it is. I feel so stupid and I didn't even realize until now writing this post. I just assumed it was a new color but the company brought it back as a permanent; OPI in Let's Be Friends! that I reviewed in May 2018.
Here's a closer look at the color. It is slightly brighter on the nails than from the bottle.
Here's a closer look at the brush.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalMadam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of OPI in Let's Be Friends!, and topped all the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is wide enough to do three strokes and move onto the next nail. Even though it has a straight tip, it was easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, I love the packaging. OPI packaging will always be OG when it comes to packaging of nail polishes. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while painting. It's a good consistency and you can take your time with painting. It will not get clumpy with usage. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the color is so pretty. It's a pastel, light pink. I'm sure there are similar colors in other brands, but to me it's unique. I cannot find the exact color in other brands. It's a great spring and summer color. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Two coats were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I saw slight shrinkage on the third day but not the point it's that noticeable. I had to look closely to notice it. I also saw slight chipping on the sides of the tips on the third day. It was very minimal. Then the chipping got bigger on the fifth day. I'm glad I got this polish. I guess too much to have two same color/name from the same brand. They tricked me with the top. The older version had Hello Kitty on the top and this one is black. I can't completely blame them for tricking me. I should have looked at the name of the color before purchasing. I guess this tells me how much I like this color!

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other OPI polishes reviewed/swatch:

Brazil Collection 2014
Hello Kitty by OPI Collection 2016
Let's Be Friends!
Look at My Bow!
Mexico Collection 2020
New Orleans Collection 2016
Got Myself in a Jam-balaya
Scotland Collection 2019
The Nutcracker Collection 2018
Dreams Need Clara-fication
Lavendare to Find Courage
Tokyo Collection 2019
Tempura-ture is Rising!
Washington DC Collection 2016
"Liv" in the Gray

Liquid Sand
Bond Girls Collection 2013
Honey Ryder
Jinx
Pussy Galore
Solitaire
Tiffany Case
Vesper
Brazil Collection 2014
I'm Brazil Nuts Over You
Samba-dy Loves Purple
What's a Little Rain Forest?
You're so Flippy Floppy
Couture de Minnie Collection 2013 (Minnie Mouse)
Mariah Carey Collection 2012
The Impossible
Mariah Carey Holiday Collection 2013
Mexico Collection 2020

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...