Wednesday, June 16, 2021

TULA So Polished Exfoliating Sugar Scrub

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In June 2020, I made a purchase from 
ULTA.
Here's what I got. I already reviewed Essie in Desk Mani (right) and boscia Cactus Water Moisturizer (left). For this post, I will review one of the products from the kit on the left.
Here are the products from the kit. I already reviewed boscia Cactus Water Moisturizer (left). For this post, I will review the exfoliate from TULA sixth from the left.
Product Review: TULA So Polished Exfoliating Sugar Scrub

Where to purchase: ULTA and online at tula.com
Price: $32 for 2.9 oz/ 82 g

Made in USA

Description from the package: Get ready for your softest skin ever. Packed with healthy ingredients like sugar, a natural exfoliate that dissolves in water, as well as papaya and pineapple, which contain naturally occurring enzymes to chemically exfoliate the skin, this scrub leaves skin looking smoother and brighter, plus it smells like a beach vacation!
Ingredients:
Sucrose, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Octyldodecanol, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Candelilla Cera/Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Cire de Candelilla, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Lactococcus Ferment Lysate, Bromelain, Papain, Lactic Acid, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Propylene Carbonate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum, Limonene, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional
Thoughts: When I first saw this product, I was not too sure what to think about. When it comes to exfoliating my face, I am cautious what I use. I do not want harsh products on my skin especially the face.
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's a swatch of the exfoliator on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while using. It reminds me of a tropical scent like pina colada. I never been a fan of the smell but it actually smells pretty good. I just sniffed the product and it smells like how it's used. Secondly, I don't own the full-size. I have the deluxe sample. From the website, it looks like a mini version of the full-size but I could be wrong. I will only talk about the deluxe sample I have. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. You can throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. I do recommend putting it in a Ziploc bag. The oil from the exfoliate will make the packaging greasy. It doesn't help that the gravity is pulling down and the top is at the bottom. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is in-between fine to medium. It has a sugary feel but it's finer than real sugar. It's not too thick that it's harsh on the skin. It's also not too thin that you do not feel anything. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. I splash my face with water. I'm not too sure if you are suppose to or not. I, personally, feel like it's a little too harsh on the face dry. Then I squeeze a dime size amount on the palm of my hand. Then I spot throughout the face and massage in circular motion until it dissolves into the skin. The water beforehand softens the exfoliator and it doesn't feel like I am tugging on the skin. Then I finish it off with a cleanser. I do this twice a week at nights. If you have normal to oily skin, once a week should be good enough for you. Since I have dry skin, I just do it twice a week. The skin feels smooth and it feels like it removed the dead outer layer. It's light-weight, not greasy, not sticky, and comfortable on the skin. It also did not dry out my skin. I did not feel any tightness. Skin just felt cleaner and smoother afterwards. Lastly, my skin feels soft the next morning. It also could be a combination of skin care products I use the night before. I'm glad I got this product. I love how gentle the product is, at the same time, it makes a difference on the skin.

Pros:
* Slight scent while using.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* In-between fine to medium consistency.
* Has a sugary feel to it.
* Easy to use.
* Skin feels smooth.
* Remove the dead outer layer.
* Light-weight.
* Not greasy.
* Not sticky.
* Comfortable.
* Not drying.
* No tightness.
* Skin feels cleaner.
* Gentle on the skin.

Cons:
* The packaging will get greasy from the oil.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...