Wednesday, June 9, 2021

derma e Natural Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 Active Stick

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I was fortunate to receive a set of sunscreens from derma e. I'm not to sure where I put the picture but I will review one of them.
Product Review: derma e Natural Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 Active Stick

Where to purchase: Target, ULTA, CVS, Whole Foods, Sprouts, and online at dermae.com
Price: 0.5 oz/ 14 g

Made in USA

Description from the box: This sunscreen offers brand spectrum protection in a water-resistant formula that is lightweight and gentle. Eco-friendly Non-Nano Mineral Zinc Oxide plus antioxidant-rich Vitamin C and Green Tea protect your skin from UVA/UVB rays and reduce the appearance of premature skin aging. Reef safe, hypoallergenic and fragrance-free, this formula leaves skin enriched and protected.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: When I received this product, I was not too sure what to think. I have never used a stick as a sunscreen before.
Here's a closer look inside.
Here's a closer look at the stick. It's pulled all the way.
Here's a swatch on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while using. I just sniffed the product and it has a slight scent. It's so light you cannot distinguish the smell but you feel slight dryness. It's hard to explain but you feel something as you sniff. It doesn't smell bad at all or chemically. Secondly, I like the packaging. It kind of looks like a mini version of a deodorant stick but it isn't. It's simple and clean looking. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to absorb into the skin. It's also not too thin that it runs. It's a good consistency. If you do have dry skin, it will tug on the skin. If the skin isn't dry, it will go on smoothly. With that said, it's easy to use. It's the last step of my skin care routine before heading out. I slide the sunscreen stick all over the face and pat with my hand. You will see light whitish pink color disappear as it absorbs into the skin. It leaves a clear, smooth texture. You can feel the difference with and without the sunscreen. With the sunscreen, you feel a slight sticky texture that isn't really sticky. It just feels different and the slight stickiness will disappear after a few minutes. It's light-weight, not greasy, and extremely comfortable on the skin. If you don't like the feel of sunscreen, I think this is a good one. It's also doesn't leave a white cast on the face. Lastly, it lasts all day. You are supposed to reapply every two hours but I am lazy. I apply once in the morning and that's it. I am glad I got this product. This is a better sunscreen than derma e Natural Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 Baby. I had such a bad experience with that sunscreen from beginning to end. This one is really good but unfortunately, I could not find it on the website. It's either sold out or discontinued. I am thinking the second.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while using.
* Simple and clean looking packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Creamy and medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Leaves a smooth texture.
* Light-weight.
* Not greasy.
* Comfortable.
* Doesn't leave a white case.
* Lasts all day.
* GMO-free.
* Gluten-free.
* Soy-free.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Will tug if you have dry skin.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other derma e products reviewed/swatch:
CREATE
UPLIFT
Skin De-Stress Calming CBD
Cleanser
Moisturizer
Serum
Tinted Moisturizing BB Cream SPF 30+ in Fair and Light
Vitamin C Concentrated Serum
Vitamin C Intensive Night Cream
Vitamin C Micellar Cleansing Water
Vitamin C Renewing Moisturizer

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...