Monday, September 12, 2022

Manicure Monday: Essie in Thumb-Surfing

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

This is a repeat of Essie in Thumb-Surfing that I reviewed in April 2022.
This is Essie in Thumb-Surfing. I could not find it on the website. It's either sold out or discontinued. Since I did a thorough review of Essie Expressie in Desk Mani,
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, the width is wider and the length is shorter.
I applied Essie Strong Start Base Coat, two coats of the Essie in Thumb-Surfing, and topped all the nails with Orly In A Snap Quick-Dry Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I love the brush. It's wide enough to do three strokes and move onto the next nail. Not only that, it has a curve tip. It makes it easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's thin which makes me think it has less product. I rather finish the nail polish than have a bigger bottle. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and in-between medium to thick. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency and you can take your time with painting. It will not get clumpy with usage. I found it slightly thicker than I like. When I find something thicker, I tend to paint faster. It's all mental. If you are a more experienced painter, this should be fine. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, it's a pretty purple. I feel like it's a great color for the fall and winter season. It has slight muskiness. Do I think the color is unique? No. I am sure you can find it in other brands. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Two coats were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I did not see shrinkage whatsoever. I also did not see chipping and I am on my fourth day. I am glad I got this polish. I am a huge fan of this particular nail polish from Essie. They last a long time on me and they look good on the nails!

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...