Monday, January 17, 2022

Manicure Monday: Essie in Precious Cargo-Go!

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Lately, I have been buying a lot of Essie polishes from CVS. I purchased these in December 2021.
Here's what I got. For this post, I will review the one on the left.
This is Essie in Precious Cargo-Go! Since I did a thorough review of Essie Expressie in Desk Mani, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "this dusty olive green" and I have to agree.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, the width is wider and the length is shorter.
I applied Essie Strong Start Base Coat, two coats of Essie in Precious Cargo-Go!, and topped all the nails with Orly In A Snap Quick-Dry Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is wide enough to do three strokes and move onto the next nail. Not only that, the curve tips help paint around the cuticles and sides. Now I know for sure the brush has a slanted curve. I read it on their website. I don't know what it does but it doesn't affect painting. Secondly, I like the packaging. I like the thin and long look. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy.  It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while painting. It's a good consistency and you can take your time with painting. It will not get clumpy with usage. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, it's a pretty olive color. I definitely think it's unique and have not seen it in other brands. Then again I don't think I was paying attention. It's a great fall and winter color. If you have some redness in your hand, it won't be that pretty. If I look at the color itself on my nails, it's so pretty. When I look at my hand, it looks not that great. It's because of the redness. It makes the color look more like poop. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Two coats are good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I did not see chipping whatsoever. I also did not see shrinkage. I'm on my fifth day and it looks like when I first applied it. I'm so amazed! I don't know if it's because of this color or a mixture of products I am using. Just wow!

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Essie polishes reviewed/swatch:

Expressie

Gel Couture
High-End Note

Nail Treatment
Good To Go Top Coat

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...