Monday, April 25, 2022

Manicure Monday: Essie in Thumb-Surfing

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Lately, I have been buying a lot of Essie polishes from CVS. I purchased these in December 2021.
Here's what I got. I already reviewed Essie in Precious Cargo-Go! (left). For this post, I will review the polish in the middle.
This is Essie in Thumb-Surfing. I could not find it on the website. It's either sold out or discontinued. Since I did a thorough review of Essie Expressie in Desk Mani, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, the width is wider and the length is shorter.
I applied Essie Strong Start Base Coat, two coats of Essie in Thumb-Surfing, and topped all the nails with Orly In A Snap Quick-Dry Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is wide enough to do three strokes and move onto the next nail. Also, the curve tip helped paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple and clean looking. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and in the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, it's a pretty lavender. It's great for spring and summer season. Would I say the color is unique? No, but it is still pretty. Pigmentation-wise is up there. Two coats were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I did not see chipping whatsoever. I did see shrinkage but it happened around the fifth day. I am glad I got this product. I have become a fan of this particular line from this brand. It's long lasting and hardly chips. The colors are pretty too!

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Essie polishes reviewed/swatch:

Expressie

Gel Couture
High-End Note

Nail Treatment
Good To Go Top Coat

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...