Friday, September 16, 2022

beautyblender Makeup Sponge in The Original

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In November 2021, I made a purchase from Sephora.
Here are the products I got. I already reviewed Natasha Denona Baby Biba Eyeshadow Palette (left). For this post, I will review the beauty sponge from the favorites kit on the left.
Here's a closer look at the favorites kit.
Here are the products from the favorites kit. I already reviewed Natasha Denona Baby Biba Eyeshadow Palette (top left). I will review the beautyblender on the bottom left.
Product Review: beautyblender Makeup Sponge in The Original

Where to purchase: Sephora, ULTA, and online at beautyblender.com
Price: $20

Made in USA

Description from the website:
The first, the best, the original
Get a flawless blend with the award-winning, premier edgeless, reusable, high-definition cosmetic sponge applicator, in classic pink. The exclusive aqua-activated material provides an airbrushed application and absorbs minimal product, so your favorite formula lands on your complexion, not your sponge. This category-creator is a 13-time Allure Best of Beauty award winner.
Thoughts: I have used every other makeup sponges other than beautyblender. I just assumed they were all the same. I am glad I finally got to try the original makeup sponge.
Here's a closer look of the makeup sponge.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while using both dry and wet. I just sniffed the product and I smelled nothing. Secondly, the color is alright. Even though it's not the color I would reach for, it doesn't matter with makeup sponges. As long as it works. That's the only thing that matters. If you are not into pink, they have other colors. The sponge has two ends; pointy and round flat surface. The pointy end is to reach areas that are hard to reach like around the eyes and nose. The round flat surface is to pat makeup into the skin like foundation, concealer, and so on. You can even use it on skincare. Initially, the sponge is dry. It is tiny but squishable. You can use it dry but it's recommended to use it wet. Once you wet it, it gets twice bigger and still squeezable. With that said, it's easy to wash. I just used makeup soap and the dirty makeup came out easily. The sponge did not bleed whatsoever. It's also travel-friendly once the sponge is dry. You can throw it in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold. Third, it is easy to use. You wet the sponge and squeeze the excess water. The sponge will double in size and then you can use it on any type of makeup. I know this sounds gross but I wash my sponge right before I use it. I should clean it right after using but it's easy to do both at one time. I love how it doubles in size. It makes it easier and quicker to use on the face than a smaller version or at least for me. I like to do makeup fast than slow. Not only that, I like that it has a round flat surface and a pointy. I use the round flat surface to pat on the face and the pointy around the harder areas like the corner of the eyes. I like that it's squishable because I have used sponges in the past that are hard. It doesn't feel good on the skin. It feels like I am punching rather than patting. Once I finish the makeup, it looks smooth and blended into the skin. It looks natural rather than patchy. Lastly, I am glad I got this product. Now I can understand why this sponge is so popular. It's probably one of the best I have tried. It's easy to use, easy to clean, and soft on the skin.

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Comes with two ends; pointy and round flat surface.
* Universal; can be used on makeup, skincare, and so on.
* Sponge gets bigger when wet.
* Squishable.
* Easy to wash.
* Did not bleed.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Easy to use.
* Easier and quicker to use since it double in size when wet.
* Makeup looks like it's blended into the skin.
* Latex-free.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Alright color.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...