Monday, November 1, 2021

Orly In A Snap Quick-Dry Topcoat

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Sorry I haven't blogged in awhile! I needed a break with all that has been happening in my life, as well as, some time for myself. Also, its been hard wearing makeup with mask. I have been makeup-free since I started wearing masks last year, 2020. I am slowly trying to go back to wearing makeup but it isn't easy. I will try my best to go back to blogging as well. For this post, I am reviewing a topcoat I am using at the current moment. I believe I got it at TJ Maxx around May/June of this year, 2021.

Where to purchase: ULTA, and online at orlybeauty.com
Price: $12 for 0.6 fl oz/ 18 mL

Made in USA

Description from the package: Make it snappy and bright. Dry nail lacquer quickly while preventing color from fading with UV filters.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: While shopping, I saw this topcoat and thought might as well. I was towards the end of using the previous topcoat and saw it as a sign. I guess that's what a shop alcoholic would say.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI brush, it's wider and longer. The width is in-between medium to thick.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is wide enough to do three strokes and move onto the next nail. Actually, you can do two strokes if you use more topcoat than normal. I love how wide the brush is. I might have gotten a bad batch. The tip is supposed to be straight but one side is shorter than the other. I am not too sure why. Since it's wide and clear, it's easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, I like the packaging. The clear bottle with a purple top stands out. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and in-between medium to thick. Even though it's slighter thicker than most, it's easy to use. It might get thicker when I get half-way but for now, it's pretty doable. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. I prefer to use normal amount of topcoat even though it's a fast drying topcoat. If you use a thick amount, it takes longer to dry than usual. I am not a patient person when it comes to my nails, and cannot wait for it to dry within a minute or two. I need it to dry within seconds. I wouldn't say it's the most fastest drying topcoat I have ever used but it's up there. For this reason, you can go over the applied topcoat. If you do, you need to do it quickly or else it will get streaky. It leaves a nice, smooth, shiny texture. If you are looking for a matte topcoat, this isn't for you. Lastly, the polish last for a good five days. That is normal with all topcoats I have used in the past. Depending on the brand and nail polish, some will chip and shrink. It is normal and plus, I change my polishes in weekly basis. It does not bother me if it lasts several days.. I look for topcoats that dry quickly because I am impatient. I am not disappointed with this topcoat but I wouldn't say it's the best I have ever used.

Pros:
* Wide brush.
* Easy to paint around the cuticles and sides.
* Packaging stands out with the purple top.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Creamy and in-between medium to thick.
* Doable thickness.
* Easy to use.
* Goes on smoothly.
* No streaking.
* No bubbles.
* Dries fast.
* Can go over the applied topcoat but need to be fast.
* Leaves a nice, smooth, shiny texture.
* Lasts for about five days.

Cons:
* One side of the tip of the brush is shorter than the other.
* Can take longer to dry if you use more than normal amount.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Orly products reviewed/swatch:
Nail Polish

Treatments

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...