Monday, February 7, 2022

Essie Strong Start Base Coat

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In the beginning of January 2022, I bought a few Essie products.
Here are the products I got. For this post, I will review the base coat on the left.
Product Review: Essie Strong Start Base Coat

Where to purchase: ULTA and online at essie.com
Price: $10 for 13.5 mL/ 0.46 fl oz

Made in USA

Description from the package: The art of the manicure, perfected. Strong start base coat. Our champion of strengthening our new strength boosting formula. Infused with biotin, helps reinforce for less weak and brittle feeling nails. The result: a beautiful manicure due to strong nails more resistant to peeling, chipping & breakage.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: I bought a base coat end of last year knowing that I will finish the current one. Then I remodeled my room and could not find it. While visiting my CVS in January, I got a coupon with a huge discount on Essie products. It was a good chance for me to pick one up because I finished the base coat that week.
Here's a closer look at the base coat.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, the brush is slightly wider and slightly longer. The width is on the wide side.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is wide enough to do three strokes and move onto the next nail. Not only that, the curve tip makes it easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It's clear and I love the blue label. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs. It's a good consistency and you can take your time with painting. It will not get clumpy wish usage. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Lastly, I noticed my nail polishes last longer with this product compared to my old nail strengthener and base coast. It lasts a day longer which is a positive. The thing that confuses this small brain is that it's both strengthener and base coast. Strengthener makes your nails stronger, as well as, it dries quickly. Base coat helps the polishes adhere, as well as, protect your nails from turning yellow. Since the polishes adhere to the base coat, it makes the polishes last longer compared to nail polishes without a base coat. What confuses my brain with this product is the combination. Does it dry as quick as a strengthener or it leaves a sticky texture so the polishes adhere? Since I have been using this product for several weeks, I noticed it doesn't dry that quickly. It leaves a sticky residue so the polishes can adhere. It's a typical base coat. Now the strengthener part is that it strengthen your nails. I have extremely weak nails. My nails would break after two to three days. Once I started using OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener in Original, my nails never broke and I used it for years. If it works, why change or that's what I thought. Now that I started this base coat from Essie, my thinking has changed. It keeps my nails strong and it lasts longer with this product than OPI Nail Envy. The best part I eliminate one step. What more can I ask for!?!? I just need to finish the other products but this might be my future!

Pros:
* Wide brush.
* Curve tip helps paint around the cuticle and sides.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Creamy consistency and on the medium.
* Can take your time with painting.
* Easy to use.
* Goes on smoothly.
* No streaking.
* No bubbles.
* Sticky texture; nail polishes adhere.
* Strengthen the nails.
* Eliminate one step of the nail care rountine.
* Lasts longer compared to old nail care routine.

Cons:
* None I can think of.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Essie polishes reviewed/swatch:

Expressie

Gel Couture
High-End Note

Nail Treatment
Good To Go Top Coat

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...