Monday, September 16, 2019

Manicure Monday: Essie in Chinchilly

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I bought this nail polish a long and I mean a long time ago. I guess I just never reviewed this polish from Essie.

This is Essie in Chinchilly. Since I did a thorough review of Essie in First Timer, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "jet set cool. A sleek granite gray polish that positively radiates urban chic and subtle sophistication. This luxe of lacquers goes with everything." I have to agree with the description.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, it's thinner and shorter. The width is on the thin side.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Madam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of Essie in Chinchilly, and then topped all the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is definitely on the thin side. I had to stroke many times before moving to the next nail. Even though I had to stroke many times, it actually did not bother me. If I had a choice, I definitely like a wider brush but it's still doable. I also didn't find it hard to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, I like the packaging. There isn't a brand I dislike when it comes to packaging of nail polishes. It's simple and small. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. Since I haven't used this polish in a long time, I expected it to be bad. It wasn't even after all these years. I was pretty impressed! With that said, it's easy to use. It applied smoothly, and there were no bubbles and streaking. Fourth, it's a pretty gray color. I've been wanting to find the perfect gray and I have to say this was my perfect gray I have been looking for. The sad part is I did not realize this until now. All the other grays I have bought throughout the years don't compare. This is a great fall and winter color. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented, but two coats were good enough on my skin tone. I think for darker skin it might blend in, but it's great for light to medium skin tone. Lastly, I saw shrinkage on the fourth day. I did not see chipping until the sixth day. This is pretty decent for a non-gel polish. I'm so glad I got this polish. It lasts a decent amount of time and it's the gray I've been looking for!

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Essie polishes reviewed/swatch:

Gel Couture
Turn 'N' Pose

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...