Monday, May 27, 2019

Manicure Monday: Essie in Comfy In Cashmere

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

For Mother's Day, May 12, 2019, my church gave all females nail polish from Essie.

This is Essie in Comfy in Cashmere. Since I did a thorough review of Essie in First Timer, I will base this on that. I looked through the website and I couldn't find any information. It's either sold out or discontinued. I think it's discontinued but I could be wrong.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, it's thinner and shorter. The width is on the thin side.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original and 2 coats of Essie in Comfy In Cashmere on all my nails. I topped thumb, index finger, and pinkie with Butter London Hardwear Shine UV Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I'm not a big fan of thin brushes. Even though it was thin, it was easy to paint. I think it had to do with the consistency of the nail polish. Since it's in-between thin to medium, it just glide on the nails. Not only that, it was quick and easy to paint around the cuticles. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple and small. It's easy to hold with one hand. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. Third, the consistency is creamy with slight liquidity texture. I would say it's in-between thin to medium. With that said, it's easy to use. I just pull the brush and apply onto the nails. This is a matte nail polish not their original, normal texture. You need to work fast or else it will look streaky on the nails! You can see it change from glossy to matte within seconds. I also recommend not going over the part you just painted. If you apply on top of wet polish, it will get clumpy. I apply in the middle and the sides as soon as possible. Also, I applied shiny top coat on some nails to see the difference between that and the nails without the top coat. There's not that much of a difference. You can see the slight shininess if you look closely. From far away, they look the same. I couldn't see the shimmers close or far. It's only noticeable out in the sun. Fourth, the color is alright. I thought I would like it but it's okay on my skin tone. It kind of washes my skin and the polish doesn't stand out. It's a nude, brownish tan with light blue shimmers that is only noticeable in the sun. It's also great for fall and winter season. Pigmentation-wise it's alright. It's definitely not pigmented. I did only two coats but I wished I used three. I think it'll look more pigmented. Lastly, I saw shrinkage on the third day. As each day goes by, it shrinks more and more. Other than shrinkage, I didn't see chipping whatsoever. I'm so thankful for getting this polish. Anything free is good!

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Essie polishes reviewed/swatch:

Gel Couture
Turn 'N' Pose

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...