Monday, February 21, 2022

Manicure Monday: Essie in Express to Impress

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In January 2022, I purchased one Essie polish from CVS.
This is Essie in Express to Impress. Since I did a thorough review of Essie Expressie in Desk Mani, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "mint green quick dry nail polish with yellow undertones" and I agree with mint green. I do not see the yellow undertones.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, the width is wider and the length is shorter.
I applied Essie Strong Start Base Coat, two coats of Essie in Express to Impress, and topped all the nails with Orly In A Snap Quick-Dry Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is wide enough to do three strokes and move onto the next nail. Usually the curve tips help paint around the cuticles and sides. Since the consistency is on the thicker side, I found it hard to paint around the cuticles and sides. The curve tip did not help me much. If you are more a professional painter, it should be fine. I am not that great at painting my nails. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It's simple and clean looking. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and in-between medium to thick. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while painting. It's an alright consistency. It does get thick while painting. For that reason, I feel rushed. Again if you are a professional painter, it shouldn't be bad for you. I am just impatient and not that great at painting. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, it's a pretty mint green. It's great for spring and summer season. Do I think it's unique? No, I think you can find it in other brands. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Two coats were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I did not see shrinkage and chipping whatsoever. I'm on my fifth day. By this time there should be something. I honestly am thinking Essie Strong Start Base Coat makes the polishes last longer than any base coats I have tried. I am glad I got this product. The color is pretty and it's extremely long lasting. I just wished the consistency was a little bit thinner.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Essie polishes reviewed/swatch:

Expressie

Gel Couture
High-End Note

Nail Treatment
Good To Go Top Coat

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...