Monday, March 28, 2022

WLDKAT Mushroom + Moss Moisturizing Gel Cream

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In November 2021, I made a purchase on ULTA.
Here's my haul. For this post, I will review a product from the bag with purchase on the top right.
Here are the samples in the bag with purchase. I already reviewed OUAI Treatment Masque (top right) and it's a 10 Blow Dry H20 Shield (top left). For this post, I will review WLDKAT product on the top left.
Product Review: WLDKAT Mushroom + Moss Moisturizing Gel Cream

Where to purchase: ULTA and online at wldkat.com
Price: $20 for 1.7 fl oz/ 50 mL

Made in USA

Description from the package: Hydration that doesn't weigh you down. Loaded with Snow Mushroom Extract, MossCellTec, and Hyaluronic Acid, this quick-absorbing, gel cream formula helps skin adapt to environmental change, hold moisture, and control oil production for a supple glow.
Ingredients:
Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Diisostearyl Malate, Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil, Isomalt, Acrylates Copolymer, Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp Extract, Phytol, Betaine, Lecithin, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Tocopherol, Citric Acid, Caprylyl/capryl Glucoside, Sorbitan Oleate, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Acrylates Copolymer, 1,2-hexanediol, Polyisobutene, Sodium Acrylate/sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol.
Thoughts: I have never heard of this brand and for that reason, I was curious about this product. Not only that, I was curious how hydrating gel creams are.
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while using. I just sniffed the product and there's no scent whatsoever. Secondly, I do not own the full size product. I have a deluxe sample. From the website, it looks like the same packaging but in a smaller version. I will only talk about the sample product. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is gel-like and medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to absorb into the skin. It's also not too thin that it runs while using. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. I used it as a morning moisturizer. After cleansing, I used it as a last step before the sunscreen. As I squeeze the product out of the tube, it looks more like a cream than a gel. Once I use the product, it's more a gel than a cream. It's light-weight, not greasy, not sticky, and it has a cooling sensation. It feels cool to the touch not the tingling sensation. I'm not a big fan of tingling. It quickly absorbs and leaves a nice, smooth texture. Lastly, it lasts all day without reapplying. For a gel-like moisturizer, I was impressed. I think it's good for normal to oily skin. It's also good for dry skin individuals but I don't know if it will be moisturizing all year long. It might be too light for the dry, winter weather. You might need something stronger or at least I know I will. With hydration, fine and thick lines lessen with usage. You just need to be consistent with moisturizing. I am glad I got this product. I have never heard of this brand. I learned a new brand and interested to try other products.

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Gel-like consistency and medium.
* Easy to use.
* Light-weight.
* Not greasy.
* Not sticky.
* Cooling.
* Quickly absorbs.
* Leaves a nice, smooth texture.
* Lasts all day without reapplying.
* Good for normal to oily skin individuals.
* Fine and thick lines lessen with usage.
* Vegan.
* No parabens.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Might be too drying for the winter weather for dry skin individuals.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...