Monday, March 7, 2022

Maybelline Lash Sensational Sky High Waterproof Mascara in Very Black

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Last year, January 2021, I bought the famous TikTok mascara from Maybelline.
Product Review: Maybelline Lash Sensational Sky High Waterproof Mascara in Very Black

Where to purchase: ULTA, drugstores, mass retailers, and online at maybelline.com
Price: $11.49 for 6 mL/0.2 fl oz

Made in USA

Description from the package: Introducing Lash Sensational sky high, our first mascara made for full volume and authentic length. Custom flex brush grips and extends every lash. Formula, with bamboo extract and fibers, gives authentic impact. No smudging, flake-resistant. Up to 24hr wear.
Ingredients:
G684942 ISODODECANE, CERA ALBA / BEESWAX / CIRE DABEILLE, COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA / CARNAUBA WAX / CIRE DE CARNAUBA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, AQUA / WATER / EAU, ALCOHOL DENAT., ALLYL STEARATE/VA COPOLYMER, ORYZA SATIVA CERA / RICE BRAN WAX, PARAFFIN, POLYVINYL LAURATE, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, TALC, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, PEG-30 GLYCERYL STEARATE, RAYON, HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, SILICA, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, BAMBUSA VULGARIS EXTRACT, BHT [+/- MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, MICA, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE F.I.L. D250537/1
Thoughts: I purchased this beginning of 2021 after watching YouTube videos. The videos did a comparison before and after. It looked amazing. I wanted to see if it would do anything on my Asian lashes.
Here's a closer look at the packaging.
Here's a closer look at the wand.
Here's a closer look at my natural lashes.
Here's a closer look with the mascara.
Here's a closer look with the mascaras at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with Natasha Denona Baby Biba Eyeshadow Palette on the eyes and Tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Balm in Petal on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while using. It's so light it's hard to distinguish. I just sniffed the product and it doesn't smell like a typical mascara. Mascara has that particular smell. I notice that smell with most mascaras. It's very strong and chemically. This doesn't but you smell something. It's hard to explain but I hope it's understandable. Secondly, the packaging is nice. I like the color but I feel like the letters are out there. It's too much for me and it looks kind of cheap. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket.  Also, it's easy to hold with one hand. The wand is flexible. The part that attaches to the handle is bendable. At first, I thought the bendability will make the wand hard to use. Even though it's bendable, the wand doesn't move while using. It's very sturdy but at the same time, it moves to the shape of your lashes. It goes deep into the lashes from root to tip. It helps that the spikes on the wands are short and sparse. It touches every lashes as you apply the mascara. Third, it's creamy and on the medium. It wasn't too wet when I first used this mascara. It also wasn't dry towards the end. It was a good mascara consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. As my last step of doing eye makeup, I would use the mascara from roots to the tips. I have Asian lashes that fall while using non-waterproof mascaras. For this reason, I bought the waterproof. I learned my lesson with this particular mascara non-waterproof might be better. I could be wrong. I need to test this out. With that said after one coat, it was hard to apply another coat. It's dried quickly. You either need to work fast or just apply on the tips after one coat. I didn't like that you couldn't take your time with coating the lashes. Even though it dries quickly, it holds the curls like no other. I have not seen mascaras hold the curls this well as this particular mascara. If you have straight lashes like myself, this is a good one. It's light-weight and doesn't clump the lashes together. The lashes look separate, curled, and bold meaning voluminous. Lastly, it lasts all day. It doesn't smudge, fade, and the lashes do not fall down. It looks good at the end of the day. It looks like when I first applied it. I am glad I got this product. It's a good mascara but I want to try the non-waterproof mascara to see the difference.

Pros:
* Waterproof.
* Slight scent while using.
* Nice packaging; the color is nice.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Wand is flexible; sturdy but moves to the shape of your lashes.
* Spikes are short and sparse; touches every lashes as you apply.
* Creamy and medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Holds curls like no other.
* Great for people with straight lashes.
* Light-weight.
* Doesn't clump the lashes.
* Voluminous.
* Does not smudge.
* Does not fade.
* Lasted all day.

Cons:
* The letters on the packaging is too much.
* Might be better to use non-waterproof mascara.
* Dried quickly.
* Can't take your time with coating.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Maybelline products reviewed/swatch:
Baby Lips Lip Balm
Strike A Rose
Color Jolt Intense Lip Paint
Never Bare
ColorBlur
ColorSensational High Shine Lip Gloss
ColorSensational Lipstick
Dream Bouncy Blush
EyeStudio Color Explosion
EyeStudio Color Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadow
EyeStudio Color Tattoo Metal
EyeStudio Duo Eyeshadow
EyeStudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner
Lash Stiletto
Master Conceal
Stylish Smokes
SuperStay Matte Ink
The Elixir ColorSensational

Nail Polishes
Color Show Brocades
Color Show Polka Dots
Drops of Jade

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...