Wednesday, March 16, 2022

derma e Sun Defense Mineral Oil-Free Face Sunscreen SPF 30

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I was fortunate to receive some derma e products last year, May 2021.
Here are the products I got. For this post, I will review the sunscreen second from the left.
Product Review: derma e Sun Defense Mineral Oil-Free Face Sunscreen SPF 30

Where to purchase: Target, ULTA, CVS, Whole Foods, Sprouts, and online at dermae.com
Price: for 2 oz/ 56 g

Made in USA

Description from the package: Sun protection that loves you. This oil-free, reef safe SPF 30 sunscreen offers broad spectrum protection in a formulas that delivers anti-aging antioxidant defense. Eco-friendly Non-Nano Mineral Zinc Oxide helps to protect your face from harmful UVA/UVB rays. Hypoallergenic and fragrance-free, this antioxidant-rich formula with Green Tea and Vitamin E leaves your skin feeling soft and protected.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: I finished the previous sunscreen and wanted to use what I have before I purchase another. In honesty, I am not a big fan of American sunscreens. I feel that Asians work better and they seem more healthier. It could be mental. So I went into this with not the best mind.
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while using. I just sniffed the product and there's no scent whatsoever. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It's bright and eye catching. I cannot find it on the website. It's either sold out or discontinued. I think it's the second but I could be wrong. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of plastic. The lid is also sturdy. It makes a clicking noise, as well as, I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the lid. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly., It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is slightly creamy and in-between thin to medium. You can tell it's creamy is the center and slight liquid around the edges when you squeeze the product out. I do not know if it's because I have an older product or I got a bad batch. I am guessing the first but I am not too sure. It's not too thick that it's hard to massage into the skin. It's also not too thin that it runs while massaging. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. After my skin care routine, the last step in the morning before heading out is sunscreen. I squeeze a dime size on the palm of my hand and dot all over the face. Then I massage into the skin, as well as, my ears. Yes, your ears get burn as well. A little goes a long way with this product. This will last me a long time since I squeeze a dime size amount every time I use sunscreen. It's light-weight, not sticky, not greasy, and extremely comfortable. It does not tug on the skin while using. It spreads easily if you are normal to oily skin. For dry skin like myself, it doesn't spread easily but it does not tug. I did not see my skin stretch out. It takes a little more effort to spread the product. Also, it leaves a white cast. For this reason, you try to use as little as possible so you won't have a white cast. Then I think about it is it working knowing you put minimal sunscreen on your skin. Is it protecting your skin from the sun? From my experience if it leaves a white cast, it tells me it wasn't completely absorbed into the skin. It's not protecting you from inside out. It's only protecting the outer layer of the skin so the UV doesn't pass the outer layer to go inside. Also, it clogs the pores if it's only laid on top. I, personally, prefer protecting from inside out but that's me. Lastly, I do not reapply throughout the day. I know you are supposed to since sunscreen only lasts for two hours. I would if I'm outside like doing an outside activity. Since I haven't been going out to do outside activities, I do not reapply. It's also not drying. I do not feel tightness throughout the day. I am glad I got this product. If you like sunscreen, this isn't bad. I just prefer sunscreens that go inside the body to protect inside out. It's just a preference. I am trying to finish the ones I have before purchasing new ones.

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Bright and eye catching packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy lid; can feel a tight seal and makes a clicking noise when open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Slightly creamy and in-between thin to medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Will last a long time; a little goes a long way with this product.
* Light-weight.
* Not sticky.
* Not greasy.
* Comfortable.
* Does not tug on the skin.
* Spread easily for normal to oily skin.
* Not drying.
* Vegan.
* Gluten-free
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Might be discontinued.
* Takes a little more effort to spread if you have dry skin.
* Leaves a white cast.
* Isn't completely absorbed into the skin.
* Does not protect from inside out.
* Can clog the pores.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3/5 Tobey's Paws


Other derma e products reviewed/swatch:
Scalp Relief Treatment
Skin Beneficial Mist Mood Enhancing
CALM
CREATE
UPLIFT
Skin De-Stress Calming CBD
Cleanser
Moisturizer
Serum
Tinted Moisturizing BB Cream SPF 30+ in Fair and Light
Vitamin C Concentrated Serum
Vitamin C Intensive Night Cream
Vitamin C Micellar Cleansing Water
Vitamin C Renewing Moisturizer

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...