Friday, June 26, 2020

derma e Skin De-Stress Calming CBD Moisturizer

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to receive CBD products from derma e.

Here are the products. I already reviewed derma e Skin De-Stress Calming CBD Serum (right). For this post, I will review the moisturizer in the middle front.
Product Review: derma e Skin De-Stress Calming CBD Moisturizer

Where to purchase: Target, ULTA, CVS, Whole Foods, Sprouts, and online at dermae.com
Price: $19.99 for 2 oz/ 56 g

Made in USA

Description from the package: No stress, just healthy calm. This fragrance-free, whipped cream is uniquely formulated with Phytocannabinoids to help soothe dry, uncomfortable skin and help reduce appearance of redness while Omega-6 and Omega-3 acids derived from Hemp Seed Oil promote a healthy, hydrated skin barrier function, reducing susceptibility to irritants.

Our Calming Complex of antioxidant-rich Pyenogenol and Aloe Vera gently delivers soothing properties to calm skin discomfort while replenishing plant extracts, nourishing Vitamins A, C and E help to improve overall skin health for stress free skin.
Ingredients:
Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Glycerin, Cannabidiol, Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Panthenol, Allantoin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Pinus Pinaster Bark Extract, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Coco-Caprylate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin
Thoughts: I was not too sure what to expect but on the other hand, I was excited. I heard CBD products are really good.
Here's a closer look inside the tub.
Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and there's no scent whatsoever. Secondly, I like the packaging. The label matches with the CBD theme. There are plants all around the label and it's green. I also like that the label doesn't go all the way around the tub. There's a slight see through. I like seeing my products go down. It makes me feel productive especially since I own so many products. Just watching the product go down feels so good. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to massage into the skin. It's also not to thin that it runs while applying. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. After cleansing, I apply serum and then finish it up with moisturizer. It spreads easily and absorbs into the skin. It's not the fastest absorbing product but it does take couple of minutes. It might be too heavy for oily skin individuals. I think it will be great for normal to dry skin individuals like myself. It leaves a nice, smooth, slightly shiny texture. While it's absorbing, it is slightly sticky. Once it's absorbed into the skin, the stickiness is gone. With that said, it's not greasy and it's extremely comfortable on the skin. Lastly, I only use this as a night cream. When I wake up in the morning, my skin feels hydrated and soft. I just need to be more consistent. With hydration, the skin improves and you see less noticeable fine and thick lines. I'm glad I got this product. It's hydrating and works well on my skin. When it comes to redness? I cannot say. I never had redness from the start. I also don't notice the difference between CBD and non-CBD moisturizers. They both work the same on me.

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* The label matches the CBD theme.
* See through packaging; can see product go down.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Creamy and medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Spreads easily.
* Absorbs into the skin.
* Great for normal to dry skin individuals.
* Leaves a nice, smooth, slightly shiny texture.
* Not greasy.
* Comfortable.
* Hydrating.
* Skin feels soft.
* Less noticeable fine and thick lines.
* 100% vegan.
* GMO-free.
* Soy-free.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Slight stickiness while absorbing.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other derma e products reviewed/swatch:
Hydrating Night Creme
Natural Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 Baby
Nourishing Rose Cleansing Oil
Psorzema Cream
Purifying 2-in-1 Charcoal Mask
Purifying Daily Detox Scrub
Skin Beneficial Mist Mood Enhancing
CREATE
UPLIFT
Skin De-Stress Calming CBD
Serum
Tinted Moisturizing BB Cream SPF 30+ in Fair and Light
Vitamin C Concentrated Serum
Vitamin C Intensive Night Cream
Vitamin C Micellar Cleansing Water
Vitamin C Renewing Moisturizer

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...