Monday, June 15, 2020

Manicure Monday: Ciate in Candy Floss

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Not only have I been good about wearing polishes, I've been good about re-using the ones I have. For this post, it is a repeat of Ciate in Candy Floss that I reviewed in February 2016.
This is Ciate in Candy Floss. I could not find it on the website. It's either sold out or discontinued. I think it's the second. Since I did a thorough review of Ciate in Plastic Fantastic, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. It's brighter on the nails than the packaging.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, the brush is the same in width and length. The only difference is the curve tip.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalMadam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of Ciate in Candy Floss, and topped all the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, this is my favorite type of brush. It's wide enough to do three strokes and move onto the next nail. Not only that, the tip makes it easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, I love the packaging. The bow makes it extra adorable. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Another thing I like about the top is the thin, long handle. It makes it easy to hold while painting. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it runs while painting. It's actually a really great consistency. It probably has to be one of my favorite. You can take your time with painting and it will not get thick with usage. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the color is perfect for spring and summer season. It's a very pretty pinkish-purple. I really like the color and I think it will look great on all skin types. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented but it's doable. Two layers were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I saw chipping on the sides on the fourth day. Usually, it shrinks before chipping but I noticed shrinkage after. I noticed slight shrinkage on the sixth day. I'm glad I got this polish. It's a pretty color and it lasts a decent amount for a normal polish.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Ciate products reviewed/swatch:
Liquid Velvet Matte Lip Slick
Bitter Sweet
Nail Polishes
Candy Floss
Hopscotch
Hutch

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...