Friday, June 19, 2020

derma e Skin De-Stress Calming CBD Serum

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to receive CBD products from derma e.

Here are the products. For this post, I will review the serum on the right.
Product Review: derma e Skin De-Stress Calming CBD Serum

Where to purchase: Target, ULTA, CVS, Whole Foods, Sprouts, and online at dermae.com
Price: $22.95 for 2 fl oz/ 60 mL

Made in USA

Description from the package: Soothing, stress free goodness. This fragrance-free, fast-absorbing, broad spectrum CBD serum is uniquely formulated with Phytocannabinoids to help soothe dry, uncomfortable skin and help reduce appearance of redness while Omega-6 and Omega-3 acids derived from Hemp Seed Oil promote a healthy, hydrated skin barrier function, reducing susceptibility to irritants. Our Calming Complex of antioxidant-rich Pyenogenol and Aloe Vera gently delivers soothing properties to calm skin discomfort while replenishing plant extracts, nourishing Vitamins A, C and E help to improve overall skin health for stress-free skin. Ideal for sensitive or acne-prone skin, stressed skin or anywhere skin is red or irritated.
Ingredients:
Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Cannabidiol, Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil, Cannabis Sativa Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Panthenol, Allantoin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Pinus Pinaster Bark Extract, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Coco-Caprylate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.
Thoughts: When I received these CBD products, I was excited but nervous at the same time. I heard CBD products are really calming. On the other hand, trying cannabis is kind of scary being a first time user.
Here's a closer look at the pump.
Here's a closer look at a swatch on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while using. I just sniffed the product and it smells like cannabis. It's very light but it wasn't what I expected. I didn't think you would be able to smell it. Even though I smelled it while sniffing, it's doable. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It's simple and clean. The green label matches with the theme of CBD products or at least for me. I like that there's a slight see through. The label doesn't go all the way around the bottle. It leaves an empty space and you can see the product go down. I like seeing my products go down. I feel productive knowing I am using products. It's all mental and I own so many products. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal and hear a clicking noise when you open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. It's also easy to hold with one hand. You have full control of the pump. You can squeeze as much as you like or as little. Third, the consistency is creamy and medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to massage into your skin. It's also not thin that it runs. It's a good consistency. Some people might find it thick. I think it will be great for normal to dry skin individuals like myself. With that said, it's easy to use. After cleansing my face, serum is the first thing I apply. It spreads easily and it has a slight cooling sensation. Not in the tingling sensation but it has a coolness about it. It feels great on the skin. I wouldn't say it absorbs quickly. It does take several minutes. It's not sticky, greasy, and it's extremely comfortable. Skin feels soft and nice. It feels more like a lotion and I could see why it's hydrating. Lastly, the next day my skin looks and feels soft. It's hard to say since we all use combination of products. It's hard to pin point the product that works wonder. The website says it's relieves redness, sensitivity, and irritation. I cannot say if this is true or not since I have none of those issues. It did moisturize and nourish. I don't know if it's stress-free. Either I'm not stressed or I'm too stressed and cannot see it. All I can say is that it is hydrating and with hydration, you notice less fine and thick lines. I'm glad I got this product. It's decent for what it is.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while using.
* Simple and clean packaging.
* See through; can see products go down.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal and a clicking noise when you open and close the top.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Full control of the pump; quantity you pump.
* Creamy and medium consistency.
* Great for normal to dry skin individuals.
* Easy to use.
* Spreads easily.
* Slight cooling sensation.
* Not sticky.
* Not greasy.
* Comfortable.
* Skin feels nice and soft.
* Hydrating.
* Noticeable less fine and thick lines.
* 100% vegan.
* GMO-free.
* Soy-free.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Can sniff the cannabis.
* Doesn't absorb quickly.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other derma e products reviewed/swatch:
Hydrating Night Creme
Natural Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 Baby
Nourishing Rose Cleansing Oil
Psorzema Cream
Purifying 2-in-1 Charcoal Mask
Purifying Daily Detox Scrub
Skin Beneficial Mist Mood Enhancing
CREATE
UPLIFT
Tinted Moisturizing BB Cream SPF 30+ in Fair and Light
Vitamin C Concentrated Serum
Vitamin C Intensive Night Cream
Vitamin C Micellar Cleansing Water
Vitamin C Renewing Moisturizer

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...