Monday, June 1, 2020

Manicure Monday: Zoya in Madeline

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I took part in Zoya fall collection (The Sensual Collection) sale.
I decided to purchase nine of them plus one from their regular collection. I already reviewed Zoya in Margaret (second from left), Zoya in Kinsley (fifth from the left), Zoya in Michaela (ninth from the left), Zoya in Briar (third from the left), Zoya in Joss (fourth from the left), and Zoya in Vesper (eight from the left). For this post, I will review the seventh from the left.
This is Zoya in Madeline. Since I did a thorough review of Zoya in Aurora, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "a full-coverage, muted rose cream" and I don't know if I totally agree. I definitely think it's muted but I don't see rose cream.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, the width is thin. I would say it's on the thin side and the length is shorter as well.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalMadam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of Zoya in Madeline, and topped all the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I'm not too keen on the brush. It's too thin for my taste. Even though it's thin, it's actually not that bad. I just grab a decent amount and make sure I don't slide it inside the bottle. It might be more than three strokes, but it's easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, the packaging is nice. I never disliked any packaging of polishes. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to apply. It's also not too thin that it runs. It's a good consistency and you can take your time with painting. It will not get hard while painting. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, it's darker than I expected. It's a pretty rose brown. I think it doesn't look good on my skin color. It brings the red out of my hand. It'll look good on people who don't have pink/red in their skin. With that said, it's a great fall and winter color. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented but it is close. Two layers were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, there's no chipping whatsoever. I did see shrinkage on the fourth day. I'm glad I got this polish. It's a good quality polish. I just wish there wasn't that much red in my hands.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Zoya products reviewed/swatch:
Accessories
Remove+ Nail Polish Remover

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...