Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Shiseido Essential Energy Moisturizing Cream

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

When ULTA had 50% off skin care products in January 2020, I purchased this product from Shiseido.

Product Review: Shiseido Essential Energy Moisturizing Cream

Where to purchase: ULTA, department stores, and online at shiseido.com
Price: $48 for 50 mL/ 1.7 fl oz

Made in USA

Description from the package: Turn your skin's energy back on. Get your skin's glow on. Focus on the neuroscience of your skin's senses. This silky soft cream features ReNeura Technology, to make skin optimally responsive to its skincare benefits. Visible and even subtle aging signs are counteracted. As if charged with energy, your skin is luminous, smooth, and fully hydrated.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: I knew I was going to purchase this product when I saw it in my email from ULTA. I've a huge fan of Shiseido.
Here's a closer look inside the packaging.
Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.
Here's a closer look at the spatula that it comes with.
Here's a closer look at the spatula.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. It's so light that I cannot distinguish the smell. All I can say is it's refreshing and on the floral side. I just sniffed the product and it smells like how it's applied. I, personally, like the scent. Secondly, I'm kind of mixed about the packaging. I like how clean and simple it looks. I don't like the different texture. The bottom is rough. I think they made it that way so it doesn't slide but where would it slide from. The rest is a shiny texture. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. You can feel a tight seal when you open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. It's also easy to hold with one hand.. Third, the consistency is creamy and on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to massage into the skin. It's also not thin that it runs while applying. It's a good consistency. With that said, it's easy to use. I spot all over the face and massage into the skin. It spreads easily. I have to say it's probably one of the easiest moisturizer that spreads. Since it spreads easily, you don't need that much product. A little goes a long way with this product. I can see myself using it for a long time. It also absorbs quickly into the skin. It's not sticky, not greasy, and extremely comfortable on the skin. For a light to medium consistency, I was scared it wasn't hydrating enough for my dry skin. I was wrong. It lasts all day and I don't need to reapply. This product will be great on all skin types. Lastly, I saw improvement with my skin when it came to dryness. I did not see dry patches within couple of days of using this product. When you are consistent with hydration, skin improves. It's not an overnight product but it takes time with consistent usage. I cannot say I have been that good. With my weird work schedule, I have been bad with my skin care routine. I just need to be better but it is hard. That's another story. I'm glad I got this product. I was impressed with hydration within couple of days of using for a light to medium product!

Pros:
* Slight scent while applying.
* Clean and simple packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; can feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Creamy and medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Spreads easily.
* A little goes a long way.
* Absorbs quickly.
* Not sticky.
* Not greasy.
* Extremely comfortable.
* Hydrating.
* Great for all skin types.

Cons:
* Different texture packaging.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Shiseido products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...