Monday, June 8, 2020

Manicure Monday: INGLOT in #390

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I'm trying to be really good since I own so many nail polishes. I should use the ones I own instead of buying new polishes. For this post, I'm reviewing a polish INGLOT in #390 that I wore in July 2013.

Here's a closer look at the packaging. I just checked out the website and they don't sell this anymore.
Here's a closer look at the color. It's darker on the nails than the packaging.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to OPI, the brush is a lot thinner. It's on the thin side. The length, on the other hand, is the same.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalMadam Glam Gelementary Gel-Like Base Coat, two coats of INGLOT in #390, and topped all the nails with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is on the thin. It's not my type of brush. I had to re-dip to paint each nail. Even though the brush is thin, it was easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's simple and clean. Plus, I have never disliked any nail polish packaging. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. It's also easy to hold with one hand. Third, the consistency is creamy and medium. It's not too thick that it gets hard while painting. It's also not too thin that it runs while painting. It's a good consistency. You can take your time with painting. It will not get hard while applying. With that said, it's easy to use. It goes on smoothly, and there are no bubbles and streaking. Fourth, the color is a pretty greenish mint color. From the picture above, it looks blue on the nails. I have to say it's in-between blue and the first three colors that look green. It's a great spring and summer color. Pigmentation-wise I would say it's up there. Two layers were good enough for my skin tone. Lastly, I saw chipping on the sides of the tip on the second day. Other than that, I did not see any shrinkage whatsoever. I wrote this short review before reading my original post. Interesting it lasted seven days and now it only lasts two days. I guess polishes do get bad with time. Hopefully, I get to experiment more to prove this theory. Back then I was happy with this polish. I'm not too content now knowing it only lasts two days.

Would repurchase: No.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other INGLOT products reviewed/swatch:
AMC Face Blush
#55
AMC Lip Paint
#66

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...