Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables Lifting Mask in Purple Squeeze

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I don't remember the date but I know it was before the lock-down. I want to say February 2020 I visited T.J. Maxx. While I was shopping, I bought two brands of sheet masks.

Here are the masks. For this post, I will review the one on the left from Papa Recipe.
Product Review: Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables Lifting Mask in Purple Squeeze

Where to purchase: online at Amazon.com
Price: $22.90 for 25 g x 10 sheet

Made in Korea

Description from the website: Papa Recipe Bombee Purple Squeeze Intensive Mask contains purple squeeze complex made of 5 extracts, including purple sweet potato, eggplant beet, blueberry and bilberry, to firm and nourish saggy skin.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: I was first introduced to Papa Recipe when I visited CosmoProf in July 2017. Ever since then I became a fan. So when I saw this mask, I grabbed it without even thinking.
Here's a closer look at individual packaging.
Here's a closer look at the sheet mask.
Here's how the sheet mask looks on me.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while using. I just sniffed the product and there's a light scent. It's on the fruity side. It's very minimal but it smells like berries. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's so simple, clean, and I like the design of the fruits in the center. To be honest, the fruits drew me in as well as the brand. The only difference is the box is matte while the individual packaging is shiny. The individual packaging is made out of foil-like packaging. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse and bag. I also like the thin, long packaging. Because of the shape of the packaging, it stood out. Most sheet masks are square. This packaging shape is so unique. The dimension of the sheet mask is nice. The length from my hairline to jaw fits me perfectly. If your face is longer, it might be too small. I just wished the corners of the hairline was longer. It doesn't completely cover but it's doable. The width from cheeks to cheeks are wider than my face which I consider a good thing. I rather cover every inch than have some part not covered. The eyes and mouth are cut to my size. The dimension of the nose is oddly strange. It's cut straight at the tip which I'm not a fan of. We all have tips and I don't understand why masks aren't. The part I found odd is the sides of the nose to the bottom of the nose. There is so much empty space when I apply the mask. I'm not to sure why. With that said, the thickness of the mask is in-between medium to thick. You can unfold without the fear of it ripping. Third, there's a lot of essence on the sheet mask. It's not to the point it's dripping. The essence is thick. I don't think I have seen essence this thick but it works with the mask. Even though there's a lot of essence on the sheet mask, there isn't a lot in the packaging. It's enough for the neck and chest. With that said, it's easy to use. After cleansing, I apply the sheet mask. It says to do it for 10 to 20 minutes, but I mask for 30. I'm just used to doing thirty minutes. Once I take off the sheet mask, my skin glows. It looks dewy, bright, and skin looks like one color. The fine and thick lines are less noticeable. Another thing I noticed is that my skin stops absorbing the essence after a certain time. The sheet mask doesn't turn from clear to white. For this reason, I know it's good for every skin types. If you have dry skin like myself, you will not have to worry about hydration. Skin will absorb to it's maximum level. Lastly, the next morning the lines start showing but you need to be consistent with sheet masks. I have not been good. It's hard with my weird work schedule. I need to be better but most times I'm so tired. That's a different story. I'm glad I got this mask. I actually like it a lot!

Pros:
* No scent while using.
* Simple, clean packaging with fruity design in the center.
* Foil-like individual packaging.
* Travel-friendly.
* Unique packaging; not the typical square.
* Dimension from hairline to chin fits perfectly.
* Dimension from cheeks to cheeks are bigger.
* Eyes and mouth are cut perfectly.
* In-between medium to thick thickness; easy to unfold without ripping.
* A lot of essence on the sheet mask.
* Thick essence.
* Some leftover essence in the packaging.
* Easy to use.
* Skin glows.
* Skin looks dewy.
* Skin looks bright.
* Skin looks like one color.
* Less noticeable fine and thick lines.
* Great for all skin types.
* Hydrating.
* Absorbs to the max.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Corners of the hairline is slightly shorter.
* Tip of the nose is cut horizontal.
* Empty spaces around the nose.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Papa Recipe products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...